• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tidal Work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tidal Work

Hello there... I was wondering if any of the masses has any knowledge of putting into laymans terms the mumble jumble of the working rule agreement with regard to tidal work. I have read it a few times and its pretty well open to interpretation. I believe if you work consecutive shifts you should get paid 8 hrs straight time and then 4 hours at time and a half plus 6 hrs enhancement... Working at the weekend brings more complication.... Can anyone help
    Tags: None

Re: Tidal Work

WR.9 TIDE WORK
    9.1 Where work governed by tidal conditions is carried out during part only of the normalworking hours, and an operative is employed on other work for the remainder of thenormal working hours, the normal hourly rate shall be paid during the normal workinghours and thereafter shall be in accordance with the Rule on Overtime Rates.
    9.2 Where work governed by tidal conditions necessitates operatives turning out foreach tide and they are not employed on other work, they shall be paid a minimum foreach tide of six hours’ pay at normal hourly rates, provided they do not work morethan eight hours in the two tides. Payment for hours worked beyond a total of eighton two tides shall be calculated proportionately, i.e. those hours worked in excessof eight multiplied by the total hours worked and the result divided by eight, to givethe number of hours to be paid in addition to the twelve paid hours (six for each tide)provided for above.
    Work done on Saturday after 4 p.m. and all Sunday shall be paid at the rate ofdouble time. Operatives shall be guaranteed eight hours at normal hourly rate fortime worked between 4 p.m. and midnight on Saturday and guaranteed 16 hours atnormal hourly rate for two tides worked on Sunday.
    The Rule on Overtime Rates does not apply to this paragraph 9.2.

Is this what you are seeking clarification about, Mike?

Comment

Thanks for the information. I have that info myself but i was wondering if you could put it into an easier way to understand lol

Comment

I'll try later................. just wanted to make sure I was on the right subject before tieing my tiny brain in knots

Comment

Thanks Des, I believe i should get 18 hours paid monday to friday... but saturday and sunday are a bit of a puzzle... im thinking 32 hours for Sunday!!!

Comment

It certainly seems contradictory when ruling on weekend working.
            At one point it says "paid at double time", but then refers to "guaranteed .... at normal hourly rate"
            I assume tho' it must be double time and so 32 hours on Sunday

for the rest of the week the calculation of payment for hours worked in excess of 8 over two tides
            (total hours worked - 8 hours) x Total Hours Worked
            8 hours

Any clearer, or just as muddled:tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X