• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

i need information from a private company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: i need information from a private company

Thanks - I missed those somehow. lol

I'm aware of the need for the clause to curtail a trip or excursion. However, was there any significant hold up on this trip? If not, should they perhaps have put two drivers on the trip? How long is the journey in question in terms of distance and time?

Unfortunately it could hardly be further from where I live so I've no idea.

Comment

dear labman

no hold ups at all

do you really think someone in the office put my letters in the bin
      it would explain why i have had not one reply not even one to tell me to get lost
      yes i would like to get hold of mr overys email i could email him every day
      why is their not a directory like phone numbers

your suggestion about going to the press is very tempting
      the story being sad face of grandaughter and no responce from eurosun
      if all else fails i think i will

bambisoloved

Comment

While emails are often closely guarded, if you phone saying you want to email to thank them for such an enjoyable trip away, the secretary's tongue is often loosened!

Comment

dear labman

thanks for that
          i did what you suggested and got an email address -
          eurosuncoaches@hotmail.com
          its not available on their website
          so a good result

bambisoloved

Comment

I hope it's a genuine one - unusual for a company to use Hotmail.

Comment

http://www.go-by-coach.co.uk/email01.php

Eurosun Coaches eurosuncoaches@hotmail.com
              Last edited by charitynjw; 4th April 2012, 17:16:PM.
              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
              gets his brain a-going.
              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

thank you for that charitynjw

it seems to check out labman

i have emailed anyway asking if he got my letters

i dont think i will get a reply but worth a try

bambisoloved

Comment

Just looked at the CoCs for Eurosun. They refer to coach hire. Was this an advertised excursion?
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

dear bluebottle

yes its was an advertised excursion -
                    www.eurosuncoaches.co.uk
                    next excursion is sunday may 6th 2012
                    i dont reccomend it
                    sorry for my ignorance what is CoCs

bambisoloved

Comment

CoC's, Conditions Of Carraige. :tinysmile_grin_t:

Normally its kinda dont get drunk, be abusive that sort of thing, i used to be able to rattle the BR ones off the top of my head, sad i know.
                      They are normally (on BR anyhow) on the back of your ticket but sometimes you get a small leaflet with them on there too. The minute you agree to travel with any carraige service (railways, buses, aircraft) you immediately agree to those terms by purchasing your ticket, and as long as they are n some way accessable to the general public (including websites) there isnt a lot you can do to fight it. I know with BR its a case of you need to check the conditions of carraige before you buy the ticket..

As for the bad service I have super travel agent friend Sally looking in to the conplaints proceedure for Eurosun and what you can do next.

Comment

dear puffose

thank you for explaining

I have just done another letter reminding eurosun that non complience with civil procedure rules may well mean that they wont be able to produce it later in court
                        and i have asked for a print out of the tacho for the day i traveled
                        informing them that i am allowed this information under section 35 data protection act 1998
                        i will send it recorded dilivery again perhaps this will have some effect
                        i have also asked royal mail for a copy of the signiture for my other signed for recorded delivery letters to see if M Overy signed for it himself.
                        just a thought do you think that companies check this website out
                        to gain an advantage ?
                        thank you for your help

bambisoloved

sorry for all the spelling mistakes their is no spell check on here

Comment

Morning Bambi,

I always like to see the underdog win a battle, and there would be nothing more pleasing than to see you win this, so please don't take this the wrong way.

Do you not think it may be time to stop looking backwards at something you are almost certain to lose, and start to look forward again. Rather than seriously contemplate court proceedings, why not put the money towards another day trip with your granddaughter, but this time a successful one?

It would be much more enjoyable to plan, and almost certainly a far better use of your time and money. I know you have been wronged, but sometimes we have to just accept that is life and move on. In my opinion, now is that time. Rather than spending your days feeling bitter, why not spend them feeling positive by righting the wrong yourself and planning a lovely, successful day out together?

As I said, please don't take it the wrong way, but surely that would be more productive. :beagle:
                          Last edited by labman; 6th April 2012, 11:41:AM. Reason: typo

Comment

hello labman

i hear what you are saying but
                            we all have things we feel strongly about, things that we really feel passionate about mine is injustice
                            i feel wronged and the only way i can get justice now is to go to court and although you think i will probably loose i feel i have a fair chance
                            i know its only £39 and i could do without paying £30 court costs
                            trust me ,maybe i need a court to decide then i can let it go
                            perhaps i am not being realistic i dont know but like i say i feel stongly about this
                            i have been encouraged by all the people trying to help me on here and i have been given good advice thank you for that

bambisoloved

Comment

Bambi,
                              im married to a trucker, i see tachos everyday.

a tacho will NOT show you where the driver was, it shows speed, times, breaks taken and working hours. you must by law put your location at the begining of the journey and your destinaton (eg, Lowestoft to london). As long as the tacho shows the correct amount of breaks, and no speeding infrigements (and i think coaches are now speed restrcited so thats unlikely) they have absolutely nothing to do with a civil case regarding bad service.

i have to agree with Labman that you are going to end up spending a lot of money on a case you cant win, as you bascially have no hard proof that he refused to take you to your destination. the tacho will not show the location of his rest, just the time.

I would suggest that the money you are going to spend on a court case where there is no proof of breach of contract could be spent on a day trip to the beach.

Comment

One thing is for sure though - for all our opinions, if you decide you are going to court and that is that, we will all do our very best to help you win.

Our thoughts are for you and your pocket, but I can understand where you are coming from.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X