• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ set aside, Police mistake, now what

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ set aside, Police mistake, now what

My former employer (a shoddy Police Force) overpayed me when I resigned, emailed me and I agreed to pay it back immediately… that was the last I heard about it and life events happened (Covid, husband lost his job, moved country…) and I forgot to get in touch with them. Anyway, December 2022 I was going through credit checks to move rental homes and I failed due to outstanding CCJ. Turns out they sent letters to an my old address (moved in 2019 and sent police new contact details, and received correspondence to new address from them) but obviously I never got the post to wrong address. They had my phone number, email address and correct address but sent all CCJ info to old address.
    It has taken me months and lots of emails, phone calls and stress to get this CCJ finally set aside. I agreed a payment plan to repay the money as soon as I became aware of it and I’ve had not even an apology from the Police. They agreed to pay the £275 for the N255 (think that’s right) to have it set aside and eventually sent me an email to pass to the Court explaining their administrative error so the court date was cancelled and CCJ set aside.

It seems so unreal that they can just pay the court fee to get rid of the CCJ and I don’t even get an apology. Poor investigative skills on their behalf as they had all my details and they’re supposed to be in the business of investigation.

I made a complaint and they dismissed it and eventually went through their legal team to get them to pay for the court form.

Do I just walk away and be pleased it’s over or do I persue it and how?

many thanks for reading this far.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X