• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Charge received after the 14 days reduced amount

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Charge received after the 14 days reduced amount

Hiya!

i have received a PCN which only caught me on one occasion coming in and out but i left twice that day and came back, confusing because my manager said he never pays so i wouldnt need to, least i know not to listen to him around that ha!
    So PCN is dated, issued on 18/01/2022 and 14 days reduced amount is ending on 04/02/2022 otherwise i pay £100 upto 28 days.
    my confusion is, I have only received the PCN in the post today! 05/02/2022. Thats not fair right? That has not even given me the full 14 days.
    btw, incident was on 14/01/2022.

any help would be awesome

thanks x
    Tags: None

So you have been the victim of a double dip. Post up the PCN suitably redacted but leave dates.

Comment

Thanks for your response Ostell!

"This Parking charge notice served as your notice to keeper.

PCN reference:XXX
      **Vehicle details**
      Date of event: 14/01/2022
      Date issued: 18th January 2022

Parking charge notice amount due: £100
      payment to be made in 28 days of the date issued by 15/02/202
      The parking charge is discounted to £60 if paid within the 14 days of the date issued by 01/02/2022
      after this date, the full parking charge Amount will be owed.

** Arrival time and date with vehicle images of entering and leaving after a hour**

we are using cameras to capture images of vehicles of entering and leaving the car park to calculate their length of stay. The signage which is clearly displayed on the enterance to and throughout the car park, states this is private land the car park is managed by ParkMaven and parking tarrifs apply for the duration of that vehicle is parked for a parking charge will be incurred, along with the other terms and conditions of the car park by which of those who park in the carpark agree to be bound.

By either failing to pay for parking, or by remaining in the car for longer than permitted, in accordance with the terms and conditions set out on the signage, the parking charge is now payable to ParkMaven ltd as the creditor.
      You are notified under paragraph 9(2)(b) of the schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedom Act 2012 that the driver of the motor vehicle is required to pay this parking charge in full. As we do not know the drivers name and current postal address. If you were not the driver at the time, you should tell us the name and current postal address of the driver and pass this notice to them. Once this information is received we will pursue the driver. "

That was everything which was sent to me

Comment

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

The vehicle in question was used to make multiple visits to the site. Your equipment failed to register all the details of the visits and so your systems have responded incorrectly and have produced the well known double dip effect. There was no liability

Even if it were one visit you have failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to give notice of keeper liability as prescribed by section 9 (2) (f) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the drivers for each visit and I will not be doing so.

I do not expect to hear from you again, or your debt collectors, except to confirm that no further action will be taken on this matter and my personal details have been removed from your records.

Yours etc

First class post with a free certificate of posting.

They will probably reject. If it was a BPA company then POPLA would uphold you appeal.

ParkMaven seem to be operating a support service only. What name of the operator on the signs?

Comment

Awesome, thank you

ParkMaven's notice has got the BPA logo on it
          and the operator sign is for "Your Parking Space"

Comment

So the company on the sign is "Your parking Space", with no mention of ParkMaven?

And your invoice is from Park Maven ?

This is a no no. The signs create a contract with one company and another company cannot start claiming as there was no contact created with them.

Pictures of the PCN, suitably redacted but leaves dates, and the signs would be helpful

Use a hosting site such as imgur for the posting and put a link on here

Comment

Yes that is right! there is no mention of Park Maven on any signage.
              I have posted the Notice which arrived and how the signage looks too

https://imgur.com/a/oxtb0Km

Thanks!

Comment

It's that small text at the bottom of the parking sign that is of interest. Even when enlarged I can't read it.

Can you post up the remainder of the PCN, the reverse of that page.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X