• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mobile home laws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile home laws

Hello. I'm a virgin to this lol so please forgive any ignorance. I need some advice, don't we all!!

I entered into a finance agreement 3.5 years ago for a mobile home, caravan, lodge, call it what you will.
    I knew nothing about the pitfalls, it was an escape from a marriage break up. The site I bought it from did nothing to enlighten me they actually told me half of the story and I have now become aware of the other half.
    We were told it was a 12 month site not told that didn't mean residential.
    The lodge, had been owned before, not told that.
    There are now some very major faults developing which are covered by the warranty but its taken 2 years, they still need finishing it seems it has to be done through the site and not direct with the repair company, and the one thing that was done recently , exterior panels replaced and window which dropped, have warped and dropped again.
    They don't tell you either that selling the lodge has to be back to the owner. The owner will only give me 18 thousand, the loan is 40 thousand, and with the faults he won't pay anything near the 18 thousand. He will however make it look good again and sell at a huge profit. I will be left with a huge debt with the finance company and nothing to show for it.
    I cant rent the lodge out that is not allowed.
    So what do I do? I am planning to move out, I cant sell to pay off the debt. I cant rent to keep payments going. I also cant pay finance company and ground rent and fund a new home.
    Any advice would be greatly accepted.
    Many thanks.
    Tags: None

I have heard of this issue before. Perhaps you could tell us what your contract says about resales?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X