• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CP PLUS parking fine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CP PLUS parking fine

Today I received a letter in the post regarding a parking fine from over staying in a Moto at Knutsford Services.
    It informs me I had overstayed my parking and was fined, however I wasn't aware there was a limit.
    It also tells me that I have to pay the sum of £140 within 14 days saying two previous letters have been sent to me each time increasing the fine. I have not received any other letters.
    The letter shows my car number plate and informs me of of the correct make and model.
    What is the best way forward with this as I feel annoyed thta I'm being charged extra for letters I have not received.
    Kind regards Darren
    Tags: None

You edit so that the identity if the driver cannot be inferred. Use " the driver" etc

Dear Sirs,

I have just received your Notice to Keeper xxxxx for vehicle VRM xxxx

This is the first correspondence I gave received from you. You have therefore failed to comply with the requirements of Schedule 4 of The Protection Of Freedoms Act 2012 namely, but not limited to, failing to deliver the initial notice within the relevant period of 14 days as prescribed by section 9 (4) of the Act. You cannot, therefore, transfer liability for the alleged charge from the driver at the time to me, the keeper.

There is no legal requirement to name the driver at the time and I will not be doing so.

Any further communication with me on this matter, apart from confirmation of no further action and my details being removed from your records, will be considered vexatious and harassment. This includes communication from any Debt Collection companies you care to instruct.

Yours etc

Comment

This situation depends on your intends (you want to avoid extra charges or you want to avoid pay the fine) and regulations of the parking lot/place. As I understand you are not denying the fact of parking there.Â* If you never received previous two notices, you can name it and ask to pay fine in face value. Unless they have proof they sent these notices. Avoiding of paying and just sending them back false legal arguments will not cover your debt. So set your goal to pay the face value and argument for this.

Comment

@moneyback this is not a fine, you should know this by reading other threads, it's an invoice. To hold the keeper liable as they do not know the identity of the driver then they gave to deliver a notice to keeper within 14 days. Doubt if they can show they sent the original

Comment

ostell its just play of meanings that you mentioning - yes, it is parking fee later charged with some additional sums - most of people anyway name it parking fine.D. GALLIMOREÂ himself writing "I had overstayed my parking and was fined". The thing is he recognizes that he overstayed and now the question is if he wants to avoid extra charges and possible legal process with parking control or he wants not to pay at all. He can just ask for initial invoice with parking fee without extra charges to pay as i do not thing they can prove they send these two previous letters. If he wants to avoid the payment then he has two options: use your instructions and try to deny the parking invoice. Peace

Comment

No, he doesn't recognise he overstayed as he did not see the relevant signs and therefore no contract was created.Â* What's with the pub, this was a motorway service area, where he is entitled to rest for a reasonable period.

The registerd keeper cannot be charged more than the original invoice.Â*

Comment

OSTELLÂ*Â*ÂÂ*yes, I understand that your position is to fight parking control companies But I still keep the same position, that you need to know what you want to achieve before acting and also calculate time losses and nervous cells lost in such fights So if the one wants to avoid the parking payment - keep your instructions and get to fight. If he want to decrease extra charges and pay less and close the case, I would suggest get in contact and ask to pay initial fee. Again - I am not questioning your position, just saying there is several options.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X