• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SHELTER - campaign for affordable housing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHELTER - campaign for affordable housing

I call on the Prime Minister to:
    • meet his commitment to build 3 million homes by 2020, and ensure that enough social rented homes are built for those in greatest need
    • protect people facing eviction and repossession or living in bad housing
    • end the housing divide by making the housing system fairer for everyone

• More than two million households are spending more than half their income on housing costs.[1]

• Nearly a quarter of the country’s households (six million) suffer from stress or depression worrying about their housing costs and four million people admit it’s kept them awake at night. [2]
    • In the last year a quarter of all households have had to reduce their food shopping in order to meet housing costs and over a third have cut back on family treats.[3]

At the heart of Britain’s housing problems is the failure by successive Governments to build enough homes to keep pace with demand.

We have an historic opportunity to fix this.

In 2007 Prime Minister Gordon Brown pledged to build three million new homes in England by 2020 to help ease the housing crisis.

We need to ensure that the right kind of homes are built in the right place and offered at the right price. It is vital that a significant proportion of new housing is affordable, including social housing for rent.

Shelter has launched its brand new Now is the Time Campaign. We are calling for more affordable homes, protection for people who are homeless or in bad housing and an end to the housing divide.
    Shelter England - Now is the Time

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: SHELTER - campaign for affordable housing

:bump:
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: SHELTER - campaign for affordable housing

Signed and linked to our site
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X