• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCTV of church theft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCTV of church theft

What kind of country has this become?

These are images from cameras that a company of mine installed.

This is the second time this Church has been robbed since we installed these, the first thief is now back inside where he belongs. These two look old enough to know better and what were they doing stealing wedding flowers?

CCTV of church theft - Rutland & Stamford Mercury

Re: CCTV of church theft

i do recall discussing the work your were doing with the church, and joking about thieves stealing lead from the roofs, the same article says they had 12.5k worth of lead stole last september!! that is absolutely shocking

My theory on the stolen wedding flowers is, a jilted ex wanted revenge, and decided to saboutage the wedding by stealing the flowers (i should be a script writer on corrie

Comment

Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
      i do recall discussing the work your were doing with the church, and joking about thieves stealing lead from the roofs, the same article says they had 12.5k worth of lead stole last september!! that is absolutely shocking

My theory on the stolen wedding flowers is, a jilted ex wanted revenge, and decided to saboutage the wedding by stealing the flowers (i should be a script writer on corrie
      It was the theft of that lead that prompted the installation of the security system, including these cameras. In my home county alone £500,000 worth of lead is stolen each month and it shows no sign of abating.

Comment

man alive, at this rate you will be able to trade up to one of those new range rovers, you know, the ones with all the bling PMSL

Comment

Originally posted by stevokenevo View Post
          man alive, at this rate you will be able to trade up to one of those new range rovers, you know, the ones with all the bling PMSL
          Not with those Jesus Creepers he wears!!!

Comment

You mean the Pikey chariots with Bulls Horns on the front and anti roll bars, can just see Cet in his tin hat driving along in one of them.

On a serious note, nicking per se is bad enough and all thieves should be heavily punished but nicking from a Church is disgusting and should carry a very, very severe punishment, but hey its Great Britain and we are known for being a 'soft touch' arn't we.
            Last edited by Sapphire; 27th June 2008, 12:37:PM.

Comment

Incredibly, there is more to this story.

On Friday 27th the two bright sparks in the video at the link above returned to the church and were met by a group of old ladies arranging more flowers. They were recognised at once and while one of the pensioners slipped outside to record their car registration number, another engaged them in conversation - and sold them some raffle tickets - while a third telephoned the police.

Naturally the police were too busy to attend and after around fifteen minutes, they left after providing their details on the ticket stub - which given that they were stupid enough to return to the scene, could well be genuine. The footage we obtained has been handed to the police (who only arrived today, by the way) and apparently these two are known to them.

Remember, these were not trained security personnel, they were pensioners! I think I may have to offer them a job.

Comment

you couldn't make it up pmsl

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X