• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another Blow to the Post Office as Anglian Water impose extra fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Blow to the Post Office as Anglian Water impose extra fees

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/...A02%3A59%3A750

Re: Another Blow to the Post Office as Anglian Water impose extra fees

Grrrr.

The company is forcing customers to pay an extra £2.35 every time they want to settle a bill at the Post Office when dozens of branches across Norfolk are threatened with the axe.
    I tried to pay my Water (Severn Trent) over the PO counter before i got my payment card and they wanted an extra £2.48. But that was i thought a post office charge rather than a Water company charge ?

Apart from the damage it does to the post offices it hits people who dont have bank accounts in the pocket.

The article does seem a little confusing actually as to whos charge it is.

AW spokesman Dan Baker said: “This fee is paid to Giro Bank, not to Anglian Water, and is a charge levied by Giro Bank. As this charge is not levied by or paid to Anglian Water, further comment from the company is not appropriate.”

Giro Bank, under the umbrella of Alliance and Leicester, said people have various options when paying.

A spokesman said: “Organisations can choose to pay the fee or the customer will pay, so in this case Anglia Water are making the customers pay the £2.35.””
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I think it's a Girobank charge that Anglian Water used to "absorb", but they've now decided to pass the charge on to the customer.

Comment

hmmmm I guess its similar to charging an extra 2% for payments by Amex...you either put all your prices up to cover the charge and effect everyone, or u just charge those who do use that service the extra cost. (oh dear i'm agreeing with them i think)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X