• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I hope they throw the book at him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope they throw the book at him

Footballer Luke McCormick is due to appear in court charged with causing the deaths of two young boys by dangerous driving.
    Arron Peak, 10, and his brother Ben, eight, were killed in a crash on the M6 in Staffordshire on Saturday morning as they made their way to Silverstone for a day out.
    The Toyota Previa people carrier in which they were travelling with their father and friends was in collision with a black Range Rover shortly before 5.45am,police said.
    One of the boys was confirmed dead at the scene. His brother was later pronounced dead at hospital.
    The boys' father, Philip Peak, 37, who was at the wheel of the Toyota, remains seriously ill in intensive care at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire.
    He sustained a suspected broken neck and back in the crash, which happened between junctions 15 and 16 of the southbound carriageway.
    The three other occupants of the people carrier - a 49-year-old man and his sons, aged eight and 15 - were treated at the same hospital for minor injuries.
    Amanda Peak, 30, the devastated mother of the two boys, from Partington, Manchester, said: "No parent should have to go through the nightmare we have gone through."
    Plymouth Argyle goalkeeper McCormick, 24, is a former England youth international and was twice voted Argyle's young player of the season, according to the Championship club's website.
    The Coventry-born footballer is charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, driving with excess alcohol and driving without insurance. He will appear before magistrates in Fenton, Stoke-on-Trent.

Re: I hope they throw the book at him

This IMO totally preventable tragedy, is not by a long way the first of it's kind, nor will it be the last sadly.
    This couple have now to live a life as best they can having lost their two children. I can't imagine how they will do this, I fortunately have never had anything like this happen to me.
    I do know that Philip Peak, the father with a broken neck and back will more than likely be crippled for the rest of his life (but hopefully not).
    His wife will then probably be his full time carer, something I do understand.
    So IMO 2 life sentences for this couple, I hope they can get through it.

As for the footballer, what can I say. He may very well be devastated by what has happened, no doubt it will affect his life.
    He may be the nicest bloke you could ever wish to meet. A hero of his team mates and his team supporters.
    I still think he should be given the total punishment he can be given.

Comment

He also fronted a Police Drive Safe campaign at the begining of the year, so he SHOULD expect the maximum sentence, if found guilty.

Otherwise how can you promote something and then not expect to be judged on what you promote.

Obviously a lot of stuff is still being banded about in the press but until the police get all the facts then all people can do is speculate.

There have been reports of his not being insured as well, but it will be investigated and bo doubt the story will be clearer in a week

Comment

Yes he did indeed PK about using a mobile phone while driving, a lot safer than what he was doing imo.
        As for the insurance bit if it's true, it beggers belief and I will await his excuse for that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X