• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

George was right!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George was right!

George Orwell was right and this is just another reason why

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7389547.stm

If you disagree with this firms activities complian to your MP & here:

mail@ico.gsi.gov.uk.

Re: George was right!

Trust Reed to join up to it.
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Maybe Reed will be the 1st to get sued for defamation

Comment

This seems to me like bad news - If someone was convicted then fair enough - but this is taking things too far

innocent until proven guilty should still be our mantra- and also for most crimes - if our sententencing was more proportionate to the crime I would also advocate giving people a second chance if they have served their full sentence for the crime.
        "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Sorry scooby are you suggesting that if someone doesn't serve their full sentence, for whatever reason, then the should still be branded in public or are you saying that if they serve their full sentence then the slate should be wiped clean.

If the latter this government has destroyed all chance of that when even a caution remains on your record for the rest of your life

Comment

Not exactly

I feel that if we had more confidece in the sentences being in line with the crime- in general society may be more considerate in giving people a second chance.

for example my husbands company gave someone a job who was convicted of aggrivated burglary, and who served a fairly long sentence and he ended up working for them for a number of years with no problem.

However IMO I dont feel that in some cases the sentence does reflect the crime - so in the current climate I am not sure I would do the same.

I am not advocating covering up convictions and if someoe was released early obviously all individual circumstances are relevant.

However the above posts refer to people who have not even been convicted - personally I can not see that that can be right.
            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X