• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

A policeman who attempted to arrest a judge has been given a three month sentence – B

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A policeman who attempted to arrest a judge has been given a three month sentence – B

A PSNI officer who tried to arrest one of Northern Ireland’s most senior judges has been sentenced to three months in prison. Thomas Anthony Carlin attempted to arrest Lord Justice Gillen during a trial last month. The Lord Chief Justice, Sir Declan Morgan, ruled that the 43-year-old had acted with…
    Read More -> A policeman who attempted to arrest a judge has been given a three month sentence – BBC News

More...
    Tags: None

Re: A policeman who attempted to arrest a judge has been given a three month sentence

it sounds like he did a fmotl defense,

The policeman replied by telling the lord chief justice, sitting with Mr Justice Horner, that he did not understand, or consent to the proceedings.Mr Carlin, who repeatedly asked for a trial by jury, said: "There's no independent tribunal, therefore this is not a court of record."
    But dismissing that assessment, Sir Declan responded: "Your submission is nonsense."
    Interjections continued throughout the hearing, with Mr Carlin at one point arguing that both judges and the attorney general should stand down from the case.
    He also said: "Lord Justice Gillen has used his judicial influence to deflect determination away from criminal actions for which I arrested him."
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Re: A policeman who attempted to arrest a judge has been given a three month sentence

Quite a few previous possession hearings ref Santander eg http://www.courtsni.gov.uk/en-GB/Jud...E8994Final.htm - dunno if he is a freeman but he's certainly talked about a lot on GOODF

Can a freeman BE a policeman ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

so there was at least some basis in his claim at first

Mr Carlin in one of several documents which he submitted to the court has sought to rely on a judgment of Mr Justice Peart in the High Court in Dublin where he objected to hearsay evidence of debts. It seems clear that there is no equivalent of the Civil Evidence Order in the Republic of Ireland and explains the judge’s remarks. We do have a Civil Evidence Order. Parties are entitled to put in an affidavit and to rely on hearsay evidence with the court assessing its weigh
        Can a freeman BE a policeman ?
        There are no barriers to stupid.. ( my mums saying ). and i know there is no restrictions to them being masons or members of other groups ( same with public servants and politicians ).

The problems with cases like this, are the 99% of people in that position is because they borrowed more than they could afford, gambled and lost. but you get the 1% ( like that calum user on her ) were the systems truly have been used against them. Ther are very genuine cases were people were missold mortgages by agents, yet any judge/regulator would just think of defenses like these.
        crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

If an officer risks getting put away for arresting a judge, perhaps that's why Humberside police are reluctant to tackle "this one".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X