• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FCA facing regulatory ‘overload’, Treasury committee chair warns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA facing regulatory ‘overload’, Treasury committee chair warns

http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/fca-...=mm_daily_news

Treasury committee chairman Andrew Tyrie has warned the FCA and the Bank of England are facing “overload” and says regulators could be powerless in preventing the next financial crisis.
    Speaking during a debate on the Financial Services Bill on Monday, Tyrie said the Government’s legislative agenda – including the pension freedoms and the introduction of the senior managers regime next month – is placing “huge demands” on both the Bank and the FCA.
    He said: “We may be close to the point of regulatory and supervisory overload. By that, I mean that the Government and Parliament could be raising expectations of what they can achieve to a point where they will never be perceived to have succeeded.
    “We need to ask just how much national regulation can achieve in an open financial world. The truth is: perhaps not that much, and certainly less than many people think.”...........................
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: FCA facing regulatory ‘overload’, Treasury committee chair warns

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
    http://www.moneymarketing.co.uk/fca-...=mm_daily_news

Treasury committee chairman Andrew Tyrie has warned the FCA and the Bank of England are facing “overload” and says regulators could be powerless in preventing the next financial crisis.
    Speaking during a debate on the Financial Services Bill on Monday, Tyrie said the Government’s legislative agenda – including the pension freedoms and the introduction of the senior managers regime next month – is placing “huge demands” on both the Bank and the FCA.
    He said: “We may be close to the point of regulatory and supervisory overload. By that, I mean that the Government and Parliament could be raising expectations of what they can achieve to a point where they will never be perceived to have succeeded.
    “We need to ask just how much national regulation can achieve in an open financial world. The truth is: perhaps not that much, and certainly less than many people think.”...........................
    Simple answer is......... get rid od the Banks and get back to" keeping yer pounds in yer pocket
    Sparkie:tinysmile_twink_t2::tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Re: FCA facing regulatory ‘overload’, Treasury committee chair warns

We may be close to the point of regulatory and supervisory overload. By that, I mean that the Government and Parliament could be raising expectations of what they can achieve to a point where they will never be perceived to have succeeded.
      I think by the way they deal with things they have probably got to this point a long time ago, if the various governments had dealt with things sooner there wouldn't have been such a need now.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X