• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

£5.1m lotto winner sought over debt...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• £5.1m lotto winner sought over debt...

A Lottery winner who blew a £5.1 million jackpot he won three years ago is being hunted by bailiffs chasing more than £370,000 of debt.
    Pete Kyle managed to spend all his money and was forced to sell his luxury cars and a plush five-bedroom home in Plymouth, Devon.
    The 55-year-old former Royal Artillery gunner, who won his fortune in February 2005, was working and living in a £15 a night guesthouse but staff at the Rooms Hotel said he had left and may have gone abroad.
    Businessman Steve Hawken now owns Mr Kyle's former home which he bought for a knockdown £540,000 as a repossession.
    He said since October when he moved into the property, which came with Jacuzzi, steam room, bar and snooker table, he has been inundated with letters from creditors and visits from bailiffs.
    In the last six months bills of more than £370,000 were sent to the address.
    The 40-year-old said he has written to 260 people to tell them Mr Kyle no longer lives there.
    "I'm sick to death of bailiffs and other people knocking on the door for him," he said.
    "I'm trying to run a business and this is day in day out"

Re: £5.1m lotto winner sought over debt...

This happens a great deal more than Camelot will ever let on. Its quite simple - being given more money than one can imagine, without the benefit of having had the balancing responsibility of having to earn it and thus appreciate it's value, leads to this kind of situation.

Comment

What an absolute nob he must be, I worked out that if I had £800,000 the intrest alone would give me the lifestyle I desire.

So anybody with a spare £800,000 please take note of my name.

Best wishes,
      Hod..Liam..
      Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

I have always been under the impression that if you win a great amount like that, then Camelot suppy advisors and a support system for the winners.
        What a waste of a bloody good re-start to life. Some people just don't deserve that kind of luck do they.

Comment

I wonder if he has registered yet

Comment

I'd absolutely hate to win that much money
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              I'd absolutely hate to win that much money
              Erm, I wouldn't!

Comment

lol well a couple hundred thousand would be nice but any more and I'd just stress over it
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                  lol well a couple hundred thousand would be nice but any more and I'd just stress over it
                  I can think of much better things to stress over than having too much money.

If you win Ame, I'll PM you with my address and bank details and will wait to hear from you.

Comment

lol now there's a kind of stress i could cope with.... shame i'm just not that lucky.... ahh well back to the grindstone, must find a better job!!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X