• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

More transparency for fees charged in insolvency – Press releases – GOV.UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More transparency for fees charged in insolvency – Press releases – GOV.UK

New rules laid in Parliament today require insolvency practitioners to provide a summary of estimated costs, the work to be undertaken and, where an hourly rate is proposed, an estimate of the expected time. These estimates will act as a cap on fees as, once agreed, they can only be changed by agreement between the […]
    Read More -> More transparency for fees charged in insolvency – Press releases – GOV.UK

More...
    Tags: None

Re: More transparency for fees charged in insolvency – Press releases – GOV.UK

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/c...S-Measures.pdf

Comment

That is seriously good news... though I haven't looked into it in depth it sounds like it is certainly on the right lines.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

No, I haven't looked at it in depth either.

Hopefully any move away from the current system where they are virtually never called to account, and can seemly milk away any funds that should be going to creditors (or victims), is good.

Though I suspect, as is usually the case with these things, this will not go far enough.

Comment

thats a good idera, i had to fight tooth and nail for that info and the charges back in 2009-2011

The rules did change then, but you only got full breakdowns if the trustees costs were over 50K, at 10k, you got some breakdown. But at 50k, they had to prove the value of the work. Ie ( i can not talk about my own case )

You sent letter asking for something from trustee, his secutary picks it up ( £ 150 per hour rate ), passes it to his PA ( £ 300 per hour ) who then prepares a letter for the trustee to respond to you, gives it to the trustee to sign ( £ 500 per hour ) . So you got charged 3 times, a total of £ 950, to answer one letter.

Hopefully any move away from the current system where they are virtually never called to account, and can seemly milk away any funds that should be going to creditors (or victims), is good.
          they do have rules and regs, depending on what body they belong to, but the rules are the same.

Anyone fighting a trustee over costs charges or actions, and they have asset in there estate after the initial debts, should read SIP ( statement of insolvency practace ) rules for there trustee, and also the code of etheics they sign up to.

an example https://www.r3.org.uk/what-we-do/pub...actice/e-and-w

SIP 9 ( and 8 ) being the most relevent to cost, and the code of ethics is relevent to if they are dealing with friendly solicitors
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X