• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Important News Soon To Break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Important News Soon To Break

So sad really that he has had to go so far to sort out problems , that have obviously taken over his life.
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

can anyone get me a copy of the DVD??
      I believe Paul is doing one as well so where if my copy???

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
        can anyone get me a copy of the DVD??
        I believe Paul is doing one as well so where if my copy???
        I will ask him

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
          I will ask him
          DO I need to pay postage and packing :o?

Comment

I'd be interested in a copy as well Tutts if you don't mind passing on the request and letting me know the P+P. Must get my password sorted to CCS again actually!

Comment

Hi Ed and Nats

I have made a request to Sparkie for the DVD's and have asked how much for P & P and the address where he wants the money sent. I belive he is having some more burned (technichal name) and they will be available shortly.

Tutts

Comment

Thanks hugely Tutts!

Comment

I have just been informed that the DVD's, for those that have ordered are on it's way.

I cannot wait to see the video as the all evidence is stacked up against RBS and is really damaging.
                  Last edited by TUTTSI; 5th September 2009, 08:21:AM.

Comment

Just waiting for my copy

Comment

From The Sunday Times

December 7, 2008
                      Couple stung by £100,000 ‘secret’ loan

RBS turned overdrafts into high-rate loans without telling customers
                      I just wanted to give everyone a quick update, after this story you would have thought the RBS would have contacted us, we charged them publicly with fraud and false accounting, but they buried there heads, refused to communicate totally.

On advice from a solicitor we made an official complaint, it took the bank 8 months to respond. in this letter the bank admit that the account changes were a a standard practice implemented in the 1990's, and not as previously stated a computer error.

The complaint was then passed to the FOS. After a year, they refused to make a conclusive decision, and we were advised to take this matter to court.

Unfortunately I had to put everything on hold, Duncan was diagnosed with cancer and I was concerned about the stress a court case may have on his health. I'm happy to report he's now recovering well and I'm ready to take on the bank.

We have filmed a 1 hour programme for the BBC which will be aired sometime in the spring and I'm looking into the best way to take this to court.

There are 2 seperate complaints.

1. I have documented proof that the RBS's recovery manager committed Fraud. Shortly before the bank litigated she used a discharged Loan agreement to decieve there solicitors into believing these accounts were 100% secured by my parents. I have proof that this had a detrimental impact on the way the solicitor managed our case.
                      The bank don't deny it happened, but because her actions didn't actually have an impact on the amount of money we owed.....its all okay. Not even an apology.
                      I want them held accountable for this.

2. Well thats the Times story. The RBS state that these Internal Loan accounts are enforceable because they have judgment. But no agreements ever existed for these accounts and they got judgment because they concealed the true identity.
                      They are continuing to add PJI to these accounts.
                      I want to challenge the enforceability of these Internal Loan Capital & Interest Accounts.

And just to prove how totally inept they are, I get a letter from there legal department saying there not really Loan accounts & the interest applied is for there own internal accounting purposes, but we recieve demands for payment for 'personal Flexible Loan Capital & interest accounts, which include the PJI from Triton and capquest. Idiots.

Any advice on how best to proceed will be greatly appreciated.

Debbie Birch

Comment

What is thos obsession to strip the ordinary person of everything? If the race is on for companies to become the biggest, that's not my problem, I don't run the economy so LEAVE MY HOUSE ALONE. I even wonder if the encouragement to become homeowners back in the 80's was laying the foundations for banks to be at liberty to bleed us dry with the threat of losing our homes. The more you've got the more they can threaten.

The true danger of how the banks actions (and politicians support of them) works its way down the chain leaving a need for more social housing, homelessness, poverty and an even higher crime rate needs to be expressed more in the mainstream media so that unlike me when I first heard the stories about subprime (in the US where else), didn't equate it with what was happening to us with our Swift loan, sometimes it would be nice to hear how these financial issues directly affect all of us potentially.

Comment

Hi Debbbs,

Do you know if the police have been notified of this, because they certainly should, given the circumstances. Given the amount involved - £100,000 - and the fact you have evidence of fraud on the part of RBS's Recovery Manager, reporting this to the police is imperative, if only to stop this happening to some other poor soul.

If it is reported to the police, I can tell you for a fact that it will not be investigated by your local CID. I am a retired policeman and can tell you that who investigates what, in fraud cases, is decided by the sums of money involved. With £100,000 involved, as in your case, a complainant's Statement of Complaint is likely to end up on the desk of either a Detective Superintendent or, even, a Detective Chief Superintendent who will decide how best to deal with it.

If this is a case in isolation, it would, probably, be dealt with by a force Fraud Squad. However, if it is one of a number of cases, it may well end up being referred to the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), especially if the sums of money involved, collectively, exceed £250,000. Because a bank is involved, it may well end up being referred to the SFO.

I have also noted that RBS has knowingly withheld pertinent evidence from a court in order to influence the outcome of legal proceedings. This is very serious and probably amounts to Perverting the Course of Justice. The judgement granted to RBS may be invalid as a result. The fact that false information was fed to your solicitor by RBS may compound matters. You should definitely discuss this with your solicitor as an application to strike-out the judgement may need to be made. I would also advise discussing the possibility of making a Statement of Complaint to the police as well.

Bluebottle
                          Last edited by bluebottle; 1st February 2012, 16:30:PM.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

The fact that false information was fed to your solicitor by RBS may compound matters
                            Thankyou for your support.

We couldn't afford a solicitor to represent us.

Prior to the bank litigating on these accounts, we attempted to reach a resolution but were informed that all communications had to be done through there solicitor Fladgates. The account had gone from £20k (of which @ £8k was interest and charges) to £58k. Requests for statements and a full breakdown were ignored. Once these accounts went into default the bank witheld all statements.
                            We made an initial offer to the solicitor of 15% of the total debt, we had no assetts or savings (Duncans mum had offered to help). This was rejected, and all subsequent attempts to reach a resolution to prevent the judgements, were turned down.

When we SAR'd the RBS in 2008, the banks internal log made no mention of our offers to Fladgates. We SAR'd the solicitor, thats when we discovered that the recovery manager had used a Business Loan Guarantee signed by my parents for a loan that had been discharged 2 years previously.

According to the solicitors own internal log " Our total indebtedness was subject to a guarantee ............". And our offers were being rejected by Fladgates without consulting the bank. The solicitor has been unable to explain this.

Also, the banks internal log reveals that 17 days before she sent the guarantee to Fladgates, our previous account manager who had personally dealt with the secured loan account and returned my parents deeds, had in fact informed her that the security had been discharged.

Despite this the bank have refused to acknowledge any wrong doing. Not even an apology.

We did speak with the police when we first found out, Duncan spoke with the fraud office in Exeter (our nearest). He was very sympathetic, and thought we had a case , said "honestly we don't have the resources to deal with this".

Debbie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X