• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beagles Press Cuttings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beagles Press Cuttings

The Argus - February 2008

A Website offering free one-to-one advice for those who cannot afford a solicitor has received an anonymous £10,000 donation.

Owner Kate Briscoe was staggered by the contribution which means she can keep Legal Beagles - Consumer Rights Forum running for the next ten years at least.

The 35 year old, from near Lewes, set up the site in May last year to provide a forum for people sttruggling with financial crises or litigation.

She is helped by a group from across Britain who donate their time and expertise free of charge.

The genrous donor joined the site as a member a few months ago. He invited Miss Briscoe for lunch to discuss the direction of the site and produced the cheque at the end of the meal.

She said ''I could not believe it and almost burst into tears because it meant so much for the site"

She revealed the donor was a man who wished to ''give something back'' to those in financial difficulty, especially with the increase in debt and home repossessions.#

Among other things the cash has been used to upload the site to a secure server.

Miss Briscoe, who works for Brighton and Hove city council said, ''I want the site to be the place where anyone facing debts and reposession - and those feeling scared or alone - can come''

''It's not like the citizen's Advice bureau. You don't have to make an appointment - you can go online day or night and someone will be there.

the forum also dedicates support and guidance for those trying to recover unlawful fees through the courts.

Ms Briscoe and her team also analyse and study British financial regualtions to cheive a greater understanding of how banks and lenders should operate.

They have supported the Office of Fair Trading in its recent test case against banks, sending a researcher to the hearing each day to provide an up-to-date analysis of the progress.

The site has 21 volunteer staff.

Some study or work in law, whilst others have struggled with similar situations in the past and wish to share their knowledge.
    (I had to type this out so please excuse any errors in spelling or punctuation)
    Last edited by Celestine; 26th July 2014, 13:55:PM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Re: Beagles Press Cuttings

Just wanted to say well done for a lovely article. Lets hope it reaches people who need a bit of support.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Nearly cried meself when I read that

Comment

Great article..Well Done..

Comment

Great article Celestine and the photo's fine! Women!

Comment

Daily Express ~ 9th May 2008 "Nick Spooner, who runs the 1000 strong group Legal Beagles fighting unfair bank practises, is outraged at the threat of new charges. "They are trying to compensate for an income that is questionnable in it's fairness" he said. Legal Beagles
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X