• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is Self-Lawyering anti Lawyer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Self-Lawyering anti Lawyer?

No, of course not. And there’s a big part of me that’s tempted to just leave this blog at that. Stating what I hope is the obvious. This week we launched our major report on legal services in 2020 and how regulators should prepare for the future. In many ways this hasn’t been a forecasting […]

More...
    Tags: None

Re: Is Self-Lawyering anti Lawyer?

Sorry complete and utter drivel. Its because of the clients that lawyers exist. The consumer/client is ALWAYS at the centre of things.

I can't be bothered to comment any further as I despair at ignorance of the so-called experts

Comment

You can have the best of both worlds as well,,, represent yourself as an LIP, but pay solicitors for there opinion and to look over the paperwork, its probably the best pound value way of doing it. It also allows you to ask experts in there individual fields, instead of hoping your favourite solicitor will be good at everything.
      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Sorry no it isn't It'll cost almost as much for a learned opinion as would representation. Court representation is NOT (as some think) the most expensive part of litigation. Its the research, drafting of arguments etc that are the most costly AND a LIP speaking as if they know the law won't get any benefit from the judge

Comment

There are many problems and misconceptions on both sides. Legal costing and indeed general public awareness to it has always been somewhat a mystery to people. The legal services industry should do more to move with the times, clear fixed fee services which would encourage people to use a solicitor where they would benefit from that service. There has been much "unbundling" of legal services with the onset of ABS's and other legal firms that have recognised it doesn't need to be an end-to-end relationship.

With more people searching online for goods & services, any firm worth it's salt should be making it a priority to do likewise. The market place is moving from the high street to online and whilst I accept there will always be a need & preference by many to actually go into a firms office to speak face to face with someone, by marketing their fixed fee services online I believe this will also bring more custom through the door.

It is unfair that in many cases LIP's get a rough deal in court, although some Judges are extremely sympathetic and actually assist them on their case. In many debt cases, LIP's simply cannot afford professional representation or advice and with the demise of legal aid for many cases, I think this has affected both the firm and the consumer.

Many consumers would seek the advice of a professional legal services provider, which would benefit their case and treatment in court, but the misconceptions on both sides need to be made clear to people.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Agreed there has been much unbundling of legal services and just look at the early but sadly inevitable consequences ABS's which when they go t*ts up (as they will) will incur very costly compensation and I suspect a cash call by the comp. fund on those still in practice.

There is a bright side however and that's the many negligence claims that are now and will continue to arise as a result of this now largely unsupervised mess

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X