• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Forgive me responding to my own post but sometimes I just have to pass comment.

From the useful link posted by 'Tools'

http://www.finextra.com/News/fullsto...opic=wholesale

UK police and banks tap counter-terrorism methods to fight cyber-crooks.....

Between April and December last year, 20,000 suspect accounts have been identified and shut down through the partnership, preventing the theft of £173.9 million, claims the BBA......
    People may believe that I am being alarmist and hysterical in the contents of my posts, but when the police and banks are adopting counter terrorist tactics to attempt to counter the threat posed by online fraud, I have good company.

Closing 20,000 bank accounts in just eight months suggests to me that the situation is even worse than I have suggested and I'd challenge the claim that closing the accounts has made the savings mentioned, or it would be more realistic to also state the amount of money stolen and lost in the first instance. To suggests that banks close accounts before thefts take place is obviously absurd and whereas the amount of money stolen can be determined accurately, how much has been saved by closing the account is merely notional, because the amount of money returned to victims is pathetically small.

Never believe that the BBA is anything other than the promotional arm of British banking and would never ever allow a critical comment to pass its lips.

Today I have revealed SEVEN hacked dealer accounts for just Sunday on the Autotrader UK website and posted details at SW. This is a record haul for one day and at this level the website serves no useful function for buyer or seller. The fraudster can load over 100 scam adverts representing the best bargains of every make and mark of motor vehicle on the site.

I couldn't miss this article

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publi...ccounts/79617?

AUTO Trader has issued advice amid concerns dealers are being targeted by scammers.
    Websites and companies that are overwhelmed by fraud will become redundant. As a famous American entrepreneur says - 'That's just business'.

Comment

the figures i quoted in my last post are official and are being looked at collectively .Anyone reading this thread who has been the victim of this particular fraud and have gone threw the correct channels , local police,action fraud, you should have received a letter from the met. if you havn't received a letter contact action fraud with your crime reference number and ask why you havn't been sent a letter yet ?, i have pointed the authotrities in the direction of this thread, tools when i speak with the person dealing with the victims i will ask if you (site owners) can be also updated

THANKS DIXIE 2013

Comment

I am frequently amazed how organisations like the BBA 'sell' changes in banking procedures as being beneficial to customers and the wider public when actually the true purpose is to lay off their losses on everyone but themselves.

A glaring example is the 'faster payment system' which undoubtedly enables the quicker transfer of money between accounts but, because the destination of money is only determined by the account number and sorting code only, it has enabled an anonymising system a fraudster couldn't have designed more perfectly for themselves. In laying off losses to their customers and the wider public, the banks have actually created a massive increase in fraud based solely on this change of process.

I wonder if the UK's third world banking system is considering adopting this procedure, being adopted by Nigeria, that might protect the UK from the massive tidal wave of fraudulent bank accounts they're opening.

http://www.finextra.com/News/fullsto...topic=payments

Nigeria's banks have embarked on a massive biometrics project, registering the fingerprints and facial features of customers in a bid to fight fraud and money laundering.
        If we want to claim to provide a first class banking system that isn't operated as a playground for criminals we should adopt technologies that protect the wider public from abuse of their systems. If Nigeria can do it, so should we.

I'm sure that the BBA won't support it (for no good reason).

Comment

Bringing in tougher security measures such as mentioned would cost money and who would pay?

The scammers would still find a way around it and many people would oppose it saying its against their human rights same as the Opposition to a national DNA data base .

Banks and bankers the same as scammers are in it for the money people getting ripped off matters zilch

Comment

You're a cynic like me wales01man.

The point is that banks will do what's in their self-interest or what they're required to do under government edict.

The current wave of fraudulent vehicle adverts scams being perpetrated by East European crime gangs is impressive but doesn't fully exploit the tools and skills at their disposal. The effort required to perform scams at a level of £3,000 - £5,000 a time is actually ridiculously inefficient and, with a little more knowledge of UK systems, they can pull off much larger frauds against banks and the government. Evidence that they're establishing the infrastructure has already been detected - company accounts fronted by dupes.

VAT and mortgage fraud is the big money earner for a fraudster and the man in the street isn't the loser in that case, except insofar as it's his taxes being frittered away. Without the procedures n place to at least deter low level fraud, it's an open invitation for the fraudster to be more ambitious. If a fraudster has the ability and capacity to hack eight dealer pages and populate a major website with hundreds of scam adverts all in one night, with the 'money mules' established to launder the funds waiting in the background, it's a negligent underestimation to believe they don't have the ability to pull off far more lucrative frauds.

I worked in banking when banks administered UK Exchange Control regulations for which they couldn't and didn't charge their customers. You'd be amazed what banks can achieve when they have no option. The fact is that banks, like every person, has to abide by and conform to the laws and regulations of the country, and I can't bill anyone because it costs me money. If banks properly administered KYC in the first place it wouldn't be necessary. I would then explain it as being the cost of incompetence.

Comment

Just a reminder for tonight:

The One Show, BBC1 7pm - ''Glen Campbell heads to Oslo to uncover the new phantom car scam that's robbing Brits of their cash.''

Inside Out, BBC South East 7.30pm - ''Ever bought a car online? Glen Campbell investigates the story of why some people wish they hadn't.''

Comment

Well done to the three guys from LB, especially Tracey as the rest didn't get much of a look in on the One Show bit xx Full piece is on at 7.30 on BBC South East Inside Out. But still has got the message out to the masses
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The only problem is they featured one of the less common scams from Norway.

Comment

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the filming of the pieces aired yesterday, very please that you could get your stories across.

I was quite disappointed that they decided not to include the main points I tried to get across to show how these scams could easily be avoided and reduced in number.

They also failed to point out the failings of the listing platforms, the banks and the Authorities, certainly a missed opportunity.
                    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

If anyone didn't believe that the fraudulent bank accounts that banks are allowing to be opened with them pose the greatest risk to themselves then it's highlighted by the so-called 'High-tech Barclays Bank Heist'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...i-tech-3019404

...... pleaded guilty to conspiring to steal £1.3 million of credit balances from Barclays Bank before
                      diverting the cash to 41 separate bank accounts
                      http://news.sky.com/story/1213660/in...ays-bank-fraud

Inside Man Helped £1m Barclays Bank Fraud
                      Who guessed ? It's always the most reliable low tech option.

Comment

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

Hey all I urgently want to speak to anybody about this scam as I am about to proceed with the transfer of money in Barclay's account details that eBay provided me with the invoice a I'm reading all our posts it tells me tat this is a ****ing scam. Oh my gosh can't believe it as I was so close to fall for it it was only a few set backs today that prevented me to reach the bank to deposit payment.I'm so sorry for you all for our losses but I am willing to help any off u in any way,I can provide bank derails name gone number and address in Scotland that the prick gave me as well as helping you in any way shape or form to catch the con artists... email elparis.two@gmail.com

Comment

Oh THANK Christ you read all this!! Well done you for checking carefully.
                          Our dearest wish is to stop anyone else losing thousands and I'm sure it will warm the hearts of all the previous victims that in sharing their stories, they helped stop you from becoming the next victim.

:beagle::beagle::beagle:
                          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

bell, can you provide a link to the eBay listing for us to take a look at?

Comment

Rod, Have PM`d and emailed Bell too as backup.
                              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I can't find the listing but I have all the other detls. I'm gonna look more x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X