• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle / Car Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclays and vehicle scam via ebay and gumtree

the saying goes what happens across the pond will eventually arrive here as was the case with the housing/bankers/recession, until there is pressure from our POLITICIANS to address this massive problem then it will carry on,there are victims of this daily am i'm led to beleive there are 2000 victims upto now and rising, the majority of stolen money is laundered through BARCLAYS BANK PLC which along with the identical re-direct fake/genuine looking page from gumtree/ebay (apparantly gumtree/ebay/paypal are owned by the same people?) is what convinced me along with using my bank natwest to barclays, no uk citizen would be able to pull this off but using our uk banks to collect there ill gotton gains is an absolute insult, as boycie and others say the ombudsman/fsa.......... will say the said bank has done no wrong, well i am sure in time they will hopefully have a members of parliment asking the questions put to them via there constituants/victims of fraud, pressure is mounting which is a good thing, i hope the powers that be close down the likes of ebay/gumtree unless they can safeguard/protect there users/customers by verifying/screening each and every advert posted on there site, in the meantime it is taking dedicated people like boycie/oneeyedjack and leaglebeagles and others to help victims feel that in numbers we will be compensated for our losses, again thanks boycie oneeyedjack for your time and thanks site owners for giving this case your attention

dixie2013

Comment

Originally posted by dixie2013 View Post
      apparantly gumtree/ebay/paypal are owned by the same people?
      True - and they own Craigslist as well, and rather a lot of others, including Skype.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...itions_by_eBay

Only a week ago eBay sealed the acquisition of Shutl, the only other UK business apart from Gumtree that eBay have taken over.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutl

Comment

We are currently working off forum as we have been asked to provide information to Government.

My thanks to the many people who are helping us with this.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

• Re: Ebay & Gumtree Vehicle Scam. Barclays provide Fraudsters Accounts

Thanks Porthmadog police that lead to this forum.
          I am from Latvia and also became a victim.

I purchased this car as if from DAVID ROBERTS TRANSPORT LIMITED - www .davrobtrans.com

The was not delivered it was as if in transit, then held on border in connection with drugs and then the truck was involved in accident. I was promised to refund the money but of course there is no money refunded. This case has been reported.

So here is another scam account in Barclays...
          Bank Wire Transfer Payment Instructions
          Payment Recipient: Account Holder: David Roberts Transport Limited
          Bank name: Barclays Bank PLC
          Bank address: 129 Brent Street, Hendon, NW4 2DX United Kingdom
          Account number: 70505544
          Sort code: 20-29-41
          IBAN: GB14 BARC 2029 4170 5055 44
          SWIFT CODE (BIC): BARCGB22XXX

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum, have you reported this to Action Fraud?
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Hmm this is a new one to me. Domaintools tells me the following about davrobtrans.com
              Domain Name: DAVROBTRANS.COM

Registrant Contact:
              qiuwu
              wu qiu telephone: +86.02155841124
              fax: +86.02155841124
              Shang Hai Shang Hai Shang Hai 200000
              CN
              Where was the company supposed to be based? Did they actually have a website as nothing is loading for me.

Comment

Yes, I have filled the online form to Action Fraud. Any information how much time it might take? Is there a hope to get back the money?

Comment

John can you see this link
                  www .davrobtrans.com/trust.php

Email address warning : - purchase-solutions@ tech-center.com

Comment

I really hope there is possible to do something. I was surprised how many people actually has suffered purchasing cars. I guess "they" have advertised a lot of cars everywhere. I didn't doubt as I got the picture of the cars documents, as much as possible I checked that such transportation company really exists. As I am not professional and I have never had any fraud situation purchasing different items from all around the world this seemed one of purchases that I will receive.

Comment

THIS WAS THE VEHICLE USED TO SCAM/STEAL MY MONEY BACK ON AUG THE 13TH, HERE IS EXACTLY THE SAME AD OVER 2 MONTHS LATER!! HOW CAN I FIND MORE VICTIMS OF THIS TO RE-INFORCE MY CASE OR MORE VICTIMS OF SOFIA333@ BTINTERNET.COM ?????

This is Google's cache of www .gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/2008-audi-a3-se-19-tdi/1037022070.

2008 AUDI A3 SE 1.9 TDI
                      £4,200 Didsbury, Manchester

sofia333@btinternet. com on 0787232166078723
                      • Make

Audi
                      • Model

A3 Se Tdi
                      • Year

• Mileage

86,000 miles
                      • Seller type

Private
                      • Body type

5 Door Hatchback
                      • Fuel type

Diesel
                      • Transmission

Manual
                      • Colour

Grey
                      • Engine size

-

LADY OWNER
                      1 PREVIOUS OWNER
                      18 INCH ALLOYS
                      SPORTS SUSPENSION
                      WIND DEFLECTORS
                      CHROME MIRROR COVERS
                      BOOT SPOILER
                      TINTED WINDOWS
                      5 SPEED
                      4X ELECTRIC WINDOWS
                      ELECTRIC MIRRORS
                      CD PLAYER
                      CENTRE ARMREST

• Ad ref 1037022070

See other ads from sofia333@ btinternet. com
                      sofia333@btinternet. com on 0787232166078723xxxx Reveal number

THANKS
                      DIXIE 2013

Comment

• New member- Hi

Hi all, just joined and I wish I had found this site before I parted with a lot of money for a car that didnt
                        exist on ebay:angry8:

Comment

• Re: New member- Hi

Hi Tomoland, when did this happen and can you give us more details please

More importantly have you reported it

Comment

Hi, it happened over Monday and Tuesday of this week and i am gutted to say the least, I did and received exactly what your front page tells you to avoid:angry8:
                            I have reported it to action fraud and also wrote a letter to Barclays Bank giving account details of who I paid etc.

Comment

Ok thank you, if you are happy to add the details to our records and give your permission to use them may I send you an email please, I will send it to the email address you used to register.

I will also move your posts into the correct thread

Comment

Yes that's fine, thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X