• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charity fundraising fraudster brought to justice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity fundraising fraudster brought to justice

Charity Commission welcomes sentence
    1 July 2013
    The Charity Commission has today welcomed the sentencing of Harris Polak, who admitted fraud by abuse of position by keeping money he had raised on behalf of charities for himself. Liverpool Crown Court today sentenced Mr Polak to 45 months imprisonment.
    The prosecution said Harris Polak had raised hundreds of thousands of pounds, passing only limited amounts on to the charities involved. His victims included the charity Cancer Relief UK (registered charity number 1122929).
    The Commission, the independent regulator of charities in England and Wal
    - See more at: http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/....WIVR1Pdf.dpuf
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick
    Tags: None

Re: Charity fundraising fraudster brought to justice

The scumbag deserved everything he got. Other charities suffer because of rats like him.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

wasnt long enough.. sorry

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        The scumbag deserved everything he got. Other charities suffer because of rats like him.
        Please explain what he did to deserve being clothed, housed and fed for nearly two years at the expense of the taxpayer.

Comment

What goes 'round, comes 'round!

:ballchain:
          Attached Files
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

He broke a law Cloggy.. you know the score as well as I do.

Be a law abiding citezan and get ignored, be a soldier defending your country and end up homeless,
            Steal, kill, fraud and generally be a ne'erdowell and get council house rent free, a nice stay in a warm prison free meals and a nice new identity when you come out incase you might have upset someone,

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
              What goes 'round, comes 'round!
              What a good idea!

Put the felons on a treadmill connected to a generator and let them power the gaol, with any surplus fed into the National Grid.

Comment

The one above was connected to a millstone, to make flour.
                http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-rad...ategies-review
                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X