• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC fined for mis-selling to Elderly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC fined for mis-selling to Elderly

BBC News - HSBC bank fined for mis-selling to elderly

One of Britain's biggest banks, HSBC, has been fined £10.5m by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for mis-selling products to elderly customers.

In some cases, individuals were offered five-year investments which were longer than their life expectancy.

Tracey McDermott, acting director of enforcement and financial crime at the (FSA) told the BBC that this fine should act as a deterrent for other banks.

Read More: BBC News - HSBC faces £40m bill for mis-selling to elderly in care

HSBC's £40m bill for mis-selling
    Tags: None

Re: HSBC fined for mis-selling to Elderly

I was reading that today in quite a lot of detail and all I can say is that I was speechless.

One never really knows what goes on behind closed doors and what investigations/actions are being taken against who..............very interesting and I am sure that HSBC will still have enough money left over for xmas.

Comment

Re: HSBC fined for mis-selling to Elderly

It only came to the attention of the Fundamentally Supine Authority because HSBC told them about it.

The FSA is about as effective as a one-legged man would be in a backside kicking contest.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X