• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Looks like a clown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a clown

and talks like one too

David Cameron will today warn the British public that turning round the economy will be a long haul but he will insist that the country should not be "paralysed by gloom and fear".

In his closing speech to the Conservative Party conference in Manchester, he will concede that the flatlining economy is in a worse condition than he expected when he became Prime Minister last year. But he will argue that the pain will be worth it, and end on an optimistic note about the future.

Mr Cameron will say: "The only way out of a debt crisis is to deal with your debts. That means households – all of us – paying off the credit card and store card bills. It means banks getting their books in order."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2365625.html
    Tags: None

Re: Looks like a clowm

See! - simple when you think about it!!

Ok, I'm off now to sort mine out..........

...........er, can anyone lend me a few quid?
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Re: Looks like a clown

I'll be fine....if we can cancel Xmas
      ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

We would have to cancel off 365 days in a year.

When you think about it we are taxed on tax on tax.

You earn money you are taxed at source

You spend money you pay VAT on already taxed income

You save money and earn some interest you have to declare this on your tax return and if tax has not been paid at source - it has to be paid.

You want to go grocery shopping lots of stuff in your basket is vatable

We pay council tax

Tax on petrol as well as many other ways we pay tax.

I am surprised they have not introduced a tax for breathing in the air lol

It is horendous what taxes we pay in a year.

Comment

Well stop paying tax, pay off yer cards and tell him what you did lol from prison

Comment

time we got rid of the ConDems

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
              and talks like one too

David Cameron will today warn the British public that turning round the economy will be a long haul but he will insist that the country should not be "paralysed by gloom and fear".

In his closing speech to the Conservative Party conference in Manchester, he will concede that the flatlining economy is in a worse condition than he expected when he became Prime Minister last year. But he will argue that the pain will be worth it, and end on an optimistic note about the future.

Mr Cameron will say: "The only way out of a debt crisis is to deal with your debts. That means households – all of us – paying off the credit card and store card bills. It means banks getting their books in order."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-2365625.html

But he did not say that though in reality

"But we need to tell the truth about the overall economic situation. People understand that when the economy goes into recession, times get tough. But normally, after a while, things pick up. Strong growth returns. People get back into work. This time, it's not like that. And people want to know why the good times are so long coming.

The answer is straightforward, but uncomfortable. This was no normal recession; we're in a debt crisis. It was caused by too much borrowing, by individuals, businesses, banks, and most of all, governments. When you're in a debt crisis, some of the normal things that government can do, to deal with a normal recession, like borrowing to cut taxes or increase spending - these things won't work because they lead to more debt, which would make the crisis worse.

Why? Because it risks higher interest rates, less confidence and the threat of even higher taxes in future. The only way out of a debt crisis is to deal with your debts. That's why households are paying down their credit card and store card bills. It means banks getting their books in order. And it means governments - all over the world - cutting spending and living within their means."

A slight tweak I believe was done at the last minute
              "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
              (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Economic recovery hopes were dealt another huge blow today by the worst ever government borrowing figures for August.

The Treasury was forced to borrow £15.9 billion - the highest figure for the month since records began in 1993 - and is now on course to miss its target of £122 billion for the year.

He seems to have forgotten this bit lol

Oh we have a brace of clowns

Comment

After all these cut backs and austerity measures, does anyone know,

a) How big was the deficit when the condoms came to power and

b) How much is it now

Considering they have just been "forced" to borrow another £15.9 billion this month, I would have thought they were some sort of headway by now, thats the largest monthly borrowed amount ever.

Comment

Two earlier clowns.

Comment

Is it any wonder we are such a happy nation :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by TUTTSI View Post
                        We pay council tax
                        You might.

I don't.

Comment

when they took over in 2010 it was 147billion and i believe this year it's down to 137billion and apparently on target to hit the 122billion mark in 2012...

Sourced from the guardian
                          Deficit, national debt and government borrowing - how has it changed since 1946? | News | guardian.co.uk
                          Government borrowing figures better than expected | Business | guardian.co.uk

With borrowing the way it is, those figures don't seem right!?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X