• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Britain's Got Talent and

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britain's Got Talent and

this pile of ****e

BBC News - Panorama - Undercover reporter 'haunted' by abuse of patients

Yet another Independent Regulator who don't seem to regulate very much

About CQC

Although I am pleased this has come to light and is now being dealt with (and I hope fully dealt with) this does put yet even more pressure on parents and carers of the most vulnerable. The thought that your loved ones can come to this when you can no longer for what ever reason care for them yourselves makes you ever more determined to carry on even when you know you cant.
    Last edited by enaid; 1st June 2011, 06:30:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: Britain's Got Talent and

Thanks Enaid. As some know my mum's had to go into a Care Home recently (hopefully temporarily) and she swears blind that one of the carers is bullying her terribly. We have mentioned it and apart from that the home is lovely, so we wait to see what happens.

Comment

Thanks Enaid.

That programme made me so angry. I did start another thread about adult care as we are having to deal with two alzheimer's case within the family. We are very suspect of the care one of these has received even in the NHS in Clifton Ward of Worcester Royal Infirmary. We were never allowed to see him in a natural environment, when he was sectioned only in the dining room when many many staff were present. He was always fetched in a wheelcahir incapable or too frightened to anything for himself. His weight was falling dramatically and it became clear depsite him not being able to feed himself properly he was left to starve.It was clear we were being lied to quite blatantly and he was scared out of his wits.

And without proof the NHS regulators will turn a blind eye, they exist ONLY to cover up the appalling actions of their grubby little mates. In fact the head honcho Care Quality Commissioner Catherine Byers was, if her publicly acclaimed CV is to be believed was a senior manager within the West Midland NHS executive and was certainly responsible for putting together panels of professional liars to run independant reviews for patient complaints. She was recently roasted by the public enquiry in Stafford Hospital and because of my own complaints about this appalling hospital I have campaigned to my MP to get her removed from post. She is clearly unfit for purpose and the time has come when all independant reviews should be staffed by aggrieved patients and not only by NHS appointees.

I have had apologies for what happened to me from a previous Secretary of State for Health personally conveyed by my MP and two letters from senior civil servants within the dep[artment of Health, whilst expressing regret and apologising for what happened to me they also expressed the fullest confidence in this Byers woman. yeah to lie cheat and cover anything and everything up. No concscience , ruthless and no consideration for patients will be the creed of the Care Quality Commission. Just look at the sheer arrogance at that cretin Biggs last night. he should have resigned on principle. But in line with 'em all he has no decency or ethics.

regards
      Garlok

Comment

Another minor thing to come out of my campaign is that it is a patient's GP that is responsible please note responsible for a patients care, health and welfare. I have it in writing from the predecessor of the CCQ "The Healthcare Commissioner" that this is a matter of Statute and NHS regulation. It is also a legal requirement of citizenship of the UK that a person is registered with a GP. Their words not mine.

Perhaps we should also be targeting the GPs responsible as well. Perhaps the whole seedy world that medicine has become in many aspects will sit up and take notice when a few of their own are exposed as being remiss and negligent in their care for those most vulnerable.

regards
        Garlok

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X