• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The bomb in Marrakech. last week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bomb in Marrakech. last week

I opened the local paper yesterday to read this devistating sad news. I not only knew Peter Moss but have known the the family for over 30 years. I worked with his ex mother in law before I had my children (my eldest is now 30+) when we both worked at a firm of accountants.

Peter Moss when my son was at junior school worked voulantary and was the football coach, my son was in that team and he awarded my son the footballer of the year, which made my son and my husaband and I extremely proud.

My husband and I was out one evening many moons ago with friends and bumped into him outside a coffee shop in Hampstead as he was just coming out, he told us that he got his best material for writing listening to other peoples conversations. The later years he did a lot of travel writing and travelled around the world.

British travel writer was one of the 16 victims of terrorist bomb in Moroccan cafe

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 12:48 PM on 30th April 2011

Peter Moss: The Jewish Chronicle said the travel writer had been killed in the blast
    British travel writer Peter Moss was named among the 16 victims of a terrorist bomb that ripped through a busy tourist cafe in Morocco yesterday.
    The Jewish Chronicle said that Mr Moss, who used to write for the newspaper, had been killed in the blast in the popular Djemma el-Fna square in Marrakech.
    Consular assistance was being provided to the next of kin, the Foreign Office indicated, although it was unable officially to confirm the death.
    Foreign Office Minister Alistair Burt said: 'I am deeply saddened by yesterday's explosion in Marrakech.
    'We believe that a British National was amongst the 16 people killed. My thoughts are with their friends and families and all those affected by this distressing incident.
    'We are in touch with next of kin and are offering them full consular support.
    'An FCO Rapid Deployment Team arrived this morning to supplement our team in Marrakech. They are co-ordinating closely with the Moroccan authorities including to determine whether other British Nationals could be amongst the victims.
    'While we do not yet know the exact cause of the blast, reports from the Moroccan authorities are that this may have been a result of terrorism. An act of this kind, causing the death of 16 innocent people, is cruel and wrong, and I condemn it in the strongest terms.

Most of the people that died in the explosion were foreign nationals
    'The UK stands with Morocco during this difficult time. We stand ready to provide whatever support may be needed in forthcoming investigations, and will continue to support Morocco's important reform agenda.'
    On its website, the London-based Jewish Chronicle said Mr Moss was 59, had two children and had also worked as a broadcaster, comedian and novelist.
    As investigations continued into the blast, the country's deadliest for eight years, Moroccan authorities said it had been packed with nails and set off remotely and not by a suicide bomber.
    It exploded at lunchtime in the well-known Argana cafe on the main square which draws visitors to its snake charmers, fire eaters, tooth pullers and is next to the historic market area.
    Most of the dead were foreign nationals - among them French, Dutch and Canadian tourists. At least 20 more were injured by the powerful explosion.

Another 20 people were injured and British Ambassador, Tim Morris has travelled to Marrakech
    British Ambassador Tim Morris has travelled to Marrakech to bolster the UK team dealing with the aftermath.
    Interpol has offered to send disaster victim identification experts as part of its aid to the investigation of what it dubbed a 'senseless and deplorable' attack.
    Secretary General Ronald K Noble said: 'Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with the family and friends of those killed and injured and Interpol will ensure that the Moroccan authorities investigating this terrible attack have the full support of the global law enforcement community.'
    Laurie Margolis, 60, a friend of Mr Moss, said: 'He was an interesting guy. He reinvented himself twice.
    'His family business was in property. Then 15 or 20 years ago he reinvented himself as a stand up comic, and then he reinvented himself as a travel writer.'

The bomb went off in a popular part of the Moroccan city
    Mr Margolis knew Mr Moss because their now adult daughters were friends at primary school.
    He added: 'I imagine he was writing a travel piece in Morocco. The person I knew was always trying to be someone other than what he was, and what he was was someone from a fairly wealthy background.
    'He always wanted to be somebody different, and it made sense to be a stand up comic. I think what he always wanted to do was become a travel writer and that was what he did.'
    Mr Margolis said he believed his friend lived in west Hampstead. He was divorced and left two children, a daughter called Lucy, and a son called Gideon.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382126/Peter-Moss-British-travel-writer-named-victim-Marrakech-bomb.html#ixzz1LeSf7GVI
    Tags: None

Re: The bomb in Marrakech. last week

What a shock---thinking of you hun xxxxx

Comment

Re: The bomb in Marrakech. last week

Awwww I'm sorry to hear that Tutts ((((Hugs))))

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X