• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FSA Fine RBS £2.8m

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FSA Fine RBS £2.8m

Originally posted by pallaz1851 View Post
    'You don't like RBS Group and I think that some of your criticisms of the bank are based on half truths and are irrational, at times.
    You talk about Stephen Hester's bonus for 2010 and yet we do not even know how well or badly RBS Group have done. The fact that he will almost certainly be any bonus in shares ONLY seem to be irrelevant to you. The only RBS Group bankers realistically getting 100% of their bonuses in cash is branch staff. I am definitely against that now'

Hi Leclerc,

I also have an axe to grind with 'Banks' in general (god knows there are millions of us!!)
    the only point I would raise here though is that I feel that the unacceptable face of capitalism is and has been shown once more in Bob Diamond views recently and on the point you make of Heston (and the rest) taking most or all in shares is just 'guilding the lilly' they (collective) are fully aware that the shares given today in price you quote are a 'SOLID' investment that will generate at least 4 times their worth once the Banks release their stranglehold on monies presently held back from Industry and the populace. And you can take that to the Bank!
    In the meantime it is docummented that the salary portion of 'these fat cats' are being raised some 40% (as I have mentioned before) so, I would also like part of my contract in shares, don't forget they cannot lose (too big to fail) would mean another bailout....
    Regards 1851
    My comments are NOT based on half truths they are based on facts. I unlike you have actually seen the evidence in black & white including the PROVEN forged, but inaccurate, documents AND internal RBS memos congractulating the named person who came up with the idea to 'reconstruct' documents so I know what I'm talking about do you?

Comment

'You don't like RBS Group and I think that some of your criticisms of the bank are based on half truths and are irrational, at times.
      You talk about Stephen Hester's bonus for 2010 and yet we do not even know how well or badly RBS Group have done. The fact that he will almost certainly be any bonus in shares ONLY seem to be irrelevant to you. The only RBS Group bankers realistically getting 100% of their bonuses in cash is branch staff. I am definitely against that now'

I think this gives a good idea of the general view of RBS:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i+h...ient=firefox-a

You say that we dont even know yet how good or bad RBS has done, that is not the point RBS are still 85% owned by the Government I think that says it all.

RBS cannot wait to get out of the clutches of the government as this report states:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6982286.ece

My view is no bonuses at all until the bank has returned its bail out money with interest to the government and society.

Oh and the banks profits are very likely to be minimal if at all given the amount of write-offs which run into billions.
      If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry 'righty' - not my comment! it was leclerk's

I haven't the ability yet with a computer to illustrate other peoples comment before mine own in the fashion as you do.....so sorry for the confusion...
        regards 1851

Comment

Originally posted by pallaz1851 View Post
          Sorry 'righty' - not my comment! it was leclerk's

I haven't the ability yet with a computer to illustrate other peoples comment before mine own in the fashion as you do.....so sorry for the confusion...
          regards 1851
          OK sorry about the confusion

Comment

Pallez Just click the wrap button then copy and paste the test between ][

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
              That's what happens while we as taxypayers have a majority shareholding in the bank as is the dislike of Lloyds.
              Surprised Santander haven't come up....
              Realistically, do we have to count the dislike sites to get a fuller picture cos I can waste my time doing that and then come back with a table for you?
              We can do it for just facebook if you think that might help?
              Up to you.
              nattie/leclerc or whatever you wish to call yourself.
              Why are you always so defensive about the RBS Group?

Silly question really, as most who have worked in banking become financial industry institutionalised:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                My comments are NOT based on half truths they are based on facts. I unlike you have actually seen the evidence in black & white including the PROVEN forged, but inaccurate, documents AND internal RBS memos congractulating the named person who came up with the idea to 'reconstruct' documents so I know what I'm talking about do you?
                I also, have had sight of same!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                  nattie/leclerc or whatever you wish to call yourself.
                  I call myself Tim, cos that is my name. Others choose to call me what they like on an internet forum.
                  Why are you always so defensive about the RBS Group?
                  Am not sure I am defensive of RBS Group, I was whilst I was within the bank but in general, I do post on things which I know where I believe them to be irrational. The fact that others have in the past attacked me based on simply what I did in a previous life is probably why I still post in one way. Plus, I don't generally go with the irrational newspaper bleatings of "bash the bankers" or half truths that are not in context like some of the newspapers that seem to get quoted all the time.
                  Silly question really, as most who have worked in banking become financial industry institutionalised:beagle:
                  I find myself defending myself for not working in the bank. I've either swallowed the banks manual, not left the bank, or now I'm institutionalised.
                  I work in the NHS now(have done for a year and a half), so when that is criticised will I be institutionalised again if I suggested that a post was irrational and not based on fact? Or if I go into another profession which might crop up here and I defend it, is that gonna be the case?

I have an opinion and we are never gonna agree with regards to RBS Group and I guess if Sir Fred killed himself, Goggarburn was blown up, etc, etc, I doubt you'll be happy about RBS Group either.
                  Each to their own I guess.
                  ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
                  Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post

I think this gives a good idea of the general view of RBS:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i+h...ient=firefox-a

You say that we dont even know yet how good or bad RBS has done, that is not the point RBS are still 85% owned by the Government I think that says it all.

RBS cannot wait to get out of the clutches of the government as this report states:

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle6982286.ece

My view is no bonuses at all until the bank has returned its bail out money with interest to the government and society.

Oh and the banks profits are very likely to be minimal if at all given the amount of write-offs which run into billions.
                  Pompey, the kind of bonuses that are being touted around for RBS that are supposedly so vile are one that will be in shares and based on specific performance(I don't think that any of those performance indicators are based on share price which as majority shareholders, I think should have been incorporated). Those bonuses will still have strings attached and Stepher Hester's bonus does not include any cash bonuses.
                  Last edited by leclerc; 16th January 2011, 07:40:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                  "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                  (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

These are the people running the banks also notice the name of the bank the one we know encourages the use of 'inaccurate'reconstructed agreements in an attempt to enforce the unenforceable

Royal Bank of Scotland execs think they are above the law | Ian Fraser
                    Unfortunately, the practice would be widespread throughout the banking industry.

Comment

Unfortunately, the practice would be widespread throughout the banking industry.

I understand that unfortunately for RBS they are the only ones caught out promoting it AND being prepared to lie in court AND 'inventing' evidence, practices all of which should lead to lenghy prison sentences

Comment

I understand that unfortunately for RBS they are the only ones caught out promoting it AND being prepared to lie in court AND 'inventing' evidence, practices all of which should lead to lenghy prison sentences
                        Remind me of who has been convicted from RBS Group of doing this. Lying is perjury, inventing evidence must be fraud.

Who is being tried or has been tried over this matter?

As I said they are not alone in doing so.

EDIT: I would add that simply saying one bank does this or that does not make one bank specifically culpable. They are all culpable of acting in this manner.

Comment

Leclerc,

You are right above, but this thread relates to RBS and not all banks which is probably why RBS is quiet rightly getting the flack on this thread.

sigpic

Comment

Remind me of who has been convicted from RBS Group of doing this. Lying is perjury, inventing evidence must be fraud.

Who is being tried or has been tried over this matter?

As I said they are not alone in doing so.

EDIT: I would add that simply saying one bank does this or that does not make one bank specifically culpable. They are all culpable of acting in this manner.
                            Basically, it all boils down to the lack of regulation under Brown...

And now, the Tories don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

[Quote]: Even Nick Clegg and Vince Cable are quite balanced in their views when you talk to them in private," said one executive close to the discusssions, "but the public does not have private conversations with cabinet ministers. It's like being in a relationship with someone who tells you they love you but they don't want to be seen in public with you."[End Quote]

At the end of the day leclerc, RBS was only rescued because of being a banking corp;
                            any other business would have had to take their medicine, be made insolvent and the responsible heads would have rolled.

No one likes a cover up especially the British Taxpayers: The Elecorate.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the peolple all of the time.
                            Further and going back to one of your earlier comments re: Santander.
                            Their motive(s) are clear but one does raise ones, eyebrows!
                            Last edited by Angry Cat; 16th January 2011, 17:35:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

[quote=Angry Cat;192243]Basically, it all boils down to the lack of regulation under Brown...

And now, the Tories don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

: Even Nick Clegg and Vince Cable are quite balanced in their views when you talk to them in private," said one executive close to the discusssions, "but the public does not have private conversations with cabinet ministers. It's like being in a relationship with someone who tells you they love you but they don't want to be seen in public with you."[End Quote]

At the end of the day leclerc, RBS was only rescued because of being a banking corp;
                              any other business would have had to take their medicine, be made insolvent and the responsible heads would have rolled.
                              Unfortunately, the government took over Northern Rock beforehand, did not bail out HBOS indirectly but allowed it to be taken over by Lloyds Banking Group which it then had to bail out.
                              If they had failed then by definition they go out of a job. Our "friend" Sir Fred and all the board paid for that bail out with their jobs irrespective of their "golden handshake"(which was poorly handled by the government at the time).
                              No one likes a cover up especially the British Taxpayers: The Elecorate.

You can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all of the peolple all of the time.
                              Further and going back to one of your earlier comments re: Santander.
                              Their motive(s) are clear but one does raise ones, eyebrows!
                              I had to look back to see what I had said about Santander. I assume a name change always helps to be honest as well

Comment

re Angry cat,
                                I would respectfully correct you, in that it wasn't just Brown who didn't regulate the Banks (collective)
                                I think if you research enough you will find that BOTH Reagan USA and Thatcher UK
                                de regulated the Banks in the 80's.
                                I worked in the financial markets of 1984 - 1990 producing the report & accounts, the bonus' paid to 21 year old 'Traders'... was in pro rata equivalent to today's bonus's - remember the terminology at the time? "Loads a' money".... the sales of Porsche and the like to the 20's generation went through the roof!

In the current Banking collapse I think it rests wholly and solely with King and the FSA, it was their jobs to 'regulate' - oversee, call it what you like....what was going on (all these new 'toxic' financial vehicles being traded)
                                I honestly believe that the Establishment in Threadneedle Streeet actually didn't understand what was being traded....till the S..t hit the Fan....

I would state that the only reason Labour lost the election was because of Brown, he should not have been there at all (my opinion) the only thing he has produced is QE and that bailed out the Banks....
                                We now have a 'Coalition of Cheeters...Cheetahs' as my learned friend posted a week ago....and they know even less in my opinion!! but are certainly of the same ilk as the present Bankers and that is why you will see NO regulation from them either....

I posted before that as yet no one has stood trial for malfiesance ......

With regard to Leclerk's comment of HBOS,
                                I am firmly of the belief that they were knowingly trading illegally and in breach well before Brown 'MADE Lloyds take them on board, I really feel sorry for the ordinary shareholders of Lloyds that lost out because of this action, over which they had no control at all...they lost money hard earned and invested, (Lloyds were a safe and profitable Bank before this was hoisted upon them)....much like the ordinary shareholders of Northern Rock......
                                Again I ask when is someone brought to book on this (these practises behind closed doors)????.

Now I feel it is a fight to the death for the Banks who are in the clutches of the Gov, they cannot wait to be rid of the shackles and do what they want without recrimination....Don't forget that Barclays went to Saudi Arabia to be bailed out rather than be within the UK Gov control.... so Bob Diamond can now show his true face of 'Capitalism' as per his comment this last week!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X