• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FSA Fine RBS £2.8m

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FSA Fine RBS £2.8m

As a reference point: RBS Share price which breaks us(the taxpayers even) is 50.2p and Lloyds is 73.6p.
    Reports are suggesting that both are in talks to buy back some of the steak in their respective banks
    RBS, Lloyds Start Touting U.K.'s Shares - WSJ.com
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by leclerc View Post
      It didn't involve bank charges because the timescale was October 2009 to December 2009 and bank charges were on the whole on hold with the FSA waiver and whilst this ended late November 2009, the OFT did not give their views until almost the end of December 2009.
      I am assuming from reading the details that it involves complaints such as non receipt of cards, payment errors, card payment issues and such like. As I said, it doesn't surprise me that they were found deficient in this area whatsoever.

Customer charter, my arse!!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22842883/

Comment

You don't like RBS Group and I think that some of your criticisms of the bank are based on half truths and are irrational, at times.
        You talk about Stephen Hester's bonus for 2010 and yet we do not even know how well or badly RBS Group have done. The fact that he will almost certainly be any bonus in shares ONLY seem to be irrelevant to you. The only RBS Group bankers realistically getting 100% of their bonuses in cash is branch staff. I am definitely against that now

Comment

You don't like RBS Group and I think that some of your criticisms of the bank are based on half truths and are irrational, at times.
          You talk about Stephen Hester's bonus for 2010 and yet we do not even know how well or badly RBS Group have done. The fact that he will almost certainly be any bonus in shares ONLY seem to be irrelevant to you. The only RBS Group bankers realistically getting 100% of their bonuses in cash is branch staff. I am definitely against that now
          leclerc, my own personal view about the royal bank does not differ form that of many...

We all know why the Gov (coalition) must keep them sweet;
          doesn't make it right, though:
          http://news.aol.co.uk/uk-news/story/...-banks/1514708

[Quote]
          "There's part of me, like probably everyone in this room, that just thinks 'right, let's just go after every penny we can get out of these banks, let's tax these bonuses to hell, let's just get hold of the cash'. That would look good for a few weeks, maybe a few months, but actually what do we really want to do here?
          "We want a growing economy that is creating jobs, and that means banks that are lending money to businesses."

Comment

AC isn't the only one that despises RBS.

I understand there is a RBS "victim" research and support group about to be set up :tinysmile_grin_t:

I suggest everyone reads the link below.

Royal Bank of Scotland execs think they are above the law | Ian Fraser

Comment

Originally posted by Ihaterbs View Post
              AC isn't the only one that despises RBS.

I understand there is a RBS "victim" research and support group about to be set up :tinysmile_grin_t:

I suggest everyone reads the link below.

You clearly have no idea. I've known of this guy for years even before ever joining forums and he REALLY REALLY hates natwest/RBS to the point in which he fought RBS for the .com internet address and won.
              The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Natwest Bank Fraud, Illegal and Unethical Practices

Comment

There are many, many who have been badly treated by the Royal Bank.
                In due course, these will gain redress.

RBS, remain in the long grass but eventually the truth will out;
                the media is a powerful tool!

Comment

You clearly have no idea. I've known of this guy for years even before ever joining forums and he REALLY REALLY hates natwest/RBS to the point in which he fought RBS for the .com internet address and won.
                  The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Natwest Bank Fraud, Illegal and Unethical Practices
                  Which guy? RBS/Natwest are despised for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ihaterbs View Post
                    Which guy? RBS/Natwest are despised for a reason.
                    Banks as a whole are despised and there are various people who have set up website/support groups because of that dislike.
                    for example: I Hate Bank Of America
                    or Bank Horror Stories - I Hate Banks.com.au
                    or go onto facebook and type I hate X bank and you'll find groups of people who hate them.

BTW, the guy I was referring to was the one who set up the website as they are male.

Comment

I'm more interested in what his MP said in the debate as well as the Judges remarks,

Comment

Banks as a whole are despised and there are various people who have set up website/support groups because of that dislike.
                        Quite so, leclerc.

The RBS Group, do appear to be the most hated, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                          Quite so, leclerc.

The RBS Group, do appear to be the most hated, though.
                          That's what happens while we as taxypayers have a majority shareholding in the bank as is the dislike of Lloyds.
                          Surprised Santander haven't come up....
                          Realistically, do we have to count the dislike sites to get a fuller picture cos I can waste my time doing that and then come back with a table for you?
                          We can do it for just facebook if you think that might help?
                          Up to you.

Comment

These are the people running the banks also notice the name of the bank the one we know encourages the use of 'inaccurate'reconstructed agreements in an attempt to enforce the unenforceable

Last edited by righty; 15th January 2011, 20:16:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by righty View Post
                              These are the people runnig the banks also notice the name of the bank the one we know encourages the use 'inaccurate'reconstructed agreements in an attempt to enforce the unenforceable

This is the same bank that transposed defaulting customers accounts into loans which allowed for substantial interest charges contrary to the original terms and conditions. The excuse given when caught out was "the banks recovery system was defective"

Regards

Comment

'You don't like RBS Group and I think that some of your criticisms of the bank are based on half truths and are irrational, at times.
                                You talk about Stephen Hester's bonus for 2010 and yet we do not even know how well or badly RBS Group have done. The fact that he will almost certainly be any bonus in shares ONLY seem to be irrelevant to you. The only RBS Group bankers realistically getting 100% of their bonuses in cash is branch staff. I am definitely against that now'

Hi Leclerc,

I also have an axe to grind with 'Banks' in general (god knows there are millions of us!!)
                                the only point I would raise here though is that I feel that the unacceptable face of capitalism is and has been shown once more in Bob Diamond views recently and on the point you make of Heston (and the rest) taking most or all in shares is just 'guilding the lilly' they (collective) are fully aware that the shares given today in price you quote are a 'SOLID' investment that will generate at least 4 times their worth once the Banks release their stranglehold on monies presently held back from Industry and the populace. And you can take that to the Bank!
                                In the meantime it is docummented that the salary portion of 'these fat cats' are being raised some 40% (as I have mentioned before) so, I would also like part of my contract in shares, don't forget they cannot lose (too big to fail) would mean another bailout....
                                Regards 1851

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X