• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Grandmother 'terrorised' to death after bank wrongly hounded her for £16,000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandmother 'terrorised' to death after bank wrongly hounded her for £16,000

A grandmother killed herself after debt collectors' demands for nearly £16,000 were wrongly sent to her home

More...

Re: Grandmother 'terrorised' to death after bank wrongly hounded her for £16,000

I posted on this article on CCS last night and i woke this morning feeling as sad as it mad me last night, its the worst thing I have read in a long time. The only thing i keep thinking is that the generation's coming forward now will not be so afraid and will now have all the knowledge of their rights brought out into the open. Debt should not be in the dark and be made a thing to be ashamed of by Bully's and thats what has encouraged it to be kept from conversation...but no more

God help banks in the future

Comment

Re: Grandmother 'terrorised' to death after bank wrongly hounded her for £16,000

Its a pity that the CAB didn't refer her to us or one of the other forums where we could have helped her to deal with this and stop them.

I went to see them last year and although helpful, they were really not knowledgeable enough to advise, nor did they tell me about the consumer groups that were obviously the way to go. I really wish they had done this at the time.

This is a desperately sad story and I'm really pleased that its getting so much publicity.

Comment

If the family went to court, couldn't they take along a list of names and issues gathered through these sites to present to the judge.

naturally they would have to be legit and proof of how people had to prove them selves they were not the debtor.

The companies are saying its rare, its complete Bull.

Shame the family can't find these forums, and if all forums had contact to the family then lists could be passed over.
        This could be a huge case against the processing of debit and providing evidence to the fact.:devil:

I Dread to think how much money is paid out each year by people who don't challenge and just think its £200 from way back when

Comment

You only have to look back a few years ago when fathers were committing suicide because of the CSA putting pressure on them to see that these are indeed NOT rare occurrences
          It all boils down to the same thing, playing on the minds of vulnerable victims

Comment

It's a numbers game. They are not preying on vulnerable people in particular, but their tactics work best on those susceptible to such behaviour.

Anyone who has ever owed money knows what these parasites are capable of – but some people crumble faster than others. This is why there needs to be a reform of how this is done as the present system, as evidenced by this tragic case, is simply not working.

It's no surprise to read that GE, Wescot and Thames Credit are involved though - they are some of the worst of a pretty bad bunch.

Comment

I have often thought that with the customers approval there should be a choice to have the sale of a loan recorded. The company's if having nothing to hide would say ok but its very unlikely.:rolleyes:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X