• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

‘I had to leave my sick bed to pay clampers’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ‘I had to leave my sick bed to pay clampers’

Originally posted by michael View Post
    In that case, the carer themselves would be eligible for a BB in their own right.

Agreed, if they could obtain same, that would appear to be the solution to the obvious problem.

IMO, what has to be recongnised, in the case of dementia;
    many of the carers will be of advanced years themselves:-
    e.g. a parent in excess of 90 years, being cared for by a son or, daughter aged 70+

The carer, could indeed be suffering from some sort of senile dementia but is prevented form obtaining a BB.

[Quote]:
    However, the Society is concerned that a significant number of people with dementia who would be appropriate for blue badges are currently being excluded.
    While in some areas local authorities do issue blue badges for people with dementia, recognising the interplay between physical and non physical symptoms in the case of mobility, other areas are much stricter, with eligibility for badges restricted.[Quote]

Therefore, the solution is not a simple as at first it appeared to be.

Please note, my concerns relate simply to problems faced re Dementia/Alzheimers.

I have no time for people who abuse the BB Scheme!

Comment

Keep an eye on this then...

The DfT will consult on other aspects of the reform programme later in 2010 and in 2011, including proposals for redesigning the Badge and extending the eligibility criteria to those with serious cognitive impairments and with serious temporary disabilities, lasting at least one year.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/consultations/...nsultation.pdf
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I only did it the once, as mum had asked me specifically to go get her some milk, after the copper explained the rules to me (most forecefully I might add) I never and would never do it again. In fact if I remember rightly (it was about 10 years ago), I was driving my mums car at the time and she had the badge stuck to the windscreen, I actually parked on the shops forecourt (parking was allowed there).
        For what its worth I also hate the fact that people abuse the BB scheme, the worst offenders in my opinion are those that take up the disabled parking spaces using the BB and are obviously not the prime owners of the badge.

Comment

It will be interesting to find out the results later this year and in 2011.

If the changes are brought about, they will be too late for some ( ) but will assist others;
          the rules need to be changed.

Comment

[quote=Angry Cat;169333]

The carer, could indeed be suffering from some sort of senile dementia but is prevented form obtaining a BB.

[quote]I've no idea, but I would have thought that someone suffering from senile dementia would be prohibited from holding a driving licence

Comment

Originally posted by sapphire View Post
              I only did it the once, as mum had asked me specifically to go get her some milk, after the copper explained the rules to me (most forecefully I might add) I never and would never do it again. In fact if I remember rightly (it was about 10 years ago), I was driving my mums car at the time and she had the badge stuck to the windscreen, I actually parked on the shops forecourt (parking was allowed there).
              For what its worth I also hate the fact that people abuse the BB scheme, the worst offenders in my opinion are those that take up the disabled parking spaces using the BB and are obviously not the prime owners of the badge.
              Feeling sure, that you have been forgiven, Sapphire, LOL!

My own mother, suffered from Dementia for years; she passed away about 10 years ago.

My OH's mother also, who passed away recently

One suddenly realises the immensity of the problems re: the BB Scheme...

Comment

Driving - Alzheimers Society
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes I know, A!

Many people who have been diagnosed with dementia can carry on driving.
                  But, they must inform the DVLA.

A few weeks ago, I was watching a TV programme relating to the subject:
                  a gentleman who had been diagnosed with the disease had to take a further driving test;
                  he passed!

My aunt (an amazing woman) is 83, still drives her car and is absolutely safe out there on the roads.

Different courses for different horses, I guess...

Comment

i know, link was for michael.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Early baby boomers, take note!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                        Early baby boomers, take note!

Am I being particularly blonde?? Don't get this at all lol
                        Is no longer here

Comment

[quote=michael;169340][quote=Angry Cat;169333]

I've no idea, but I would have thought that someone suffering from senile dementia would be prohibited from holding a driving licence
                          No, they are not prohibited:
                          http://www.cks.nhs.uk/dementia/manag...driving_safety#

Please, also see A's post #22

Comment

Last edited by PocketTheDifference; 9th September 2010, 15:04:PM.
                            ~Never has PPI refunds been owed to so many...by so few~

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X