• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Apple's 'iDon't work'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple's 'iDon't work'

iPad launch marred by technical glitches - Times Online

From The Times

April 6, 2010
    iPad launch marred by technical glitches

Apple sold more than 300,000 iPads on the tablet computer’s first day in stores, the company said yesterday, but reports claimed that some users had problems connecting to wi-fi networks.
    New owners posted comments on Apple forums saying that their iPad had little or no wi-fi signal, where other devices worked fine.
    The initial version of the touchscreen tablet computer connects to the internet only via wi-fi. Commentators have speculated that the problem could be a weak wi-fi antenna, located behind the logo on the back of the iPad.
    “Casa de Trevino” from California said: “Having same problem with wi-fi being weak and constantly fluctuating. I have to keep entering my password to regain access to my network after having lost a signal. Two iPhones and two MacBooks showing full signal with no interrupts. Certainly hope this is fixable. Too pricey of a toy for it to have this issue right out of box.”

Mike Arrington, founder and editor of the TechCrunch blog, posted: “My understanding of wi-fi issues on devices, particularly cramped devices like the MacBook Air and iPad, is that it’s usually a hardware/design issue and something that can’t be fixed via a software patch.”
    One user, “mbell75” from Southern California, wrote: “I have rebooted the iPad 3 times, doesn’t help. My MacBook is running on the same wi-fi network just fine. Not spending $500 on something I can’t even use. It’s going back tomorrow.”

Early reviewers did not report any issues and it is unclear how serious the problem is. Apple has a support page for users with wi-fi issues but has not commented on the complaints. After months of hype, hundreds queued at stores across the United States to collect their iPads on Saturday.
    Steve Jobs, Apple chief executive, said: “It feels great to have the iPad launched into the world — it’s going to be a game-changer; iPad users, on average, downloaded more than three apps and close to one book within hours of unpacking their new iPad.”
    The company said that first-day sales included deliveries of pre-ordered iPads to customers, deliveries to channel partners and sales at Apple stores. Industry analysts have predicted that the company could sell as many as six million by the end of the year.
    The iPad will be available in Britain by the end of this month in both wi-fi only and wi-fi plus 3G versions. The 3G version will also become available in the US later this month. iPad prices range from $499 (£326) to $829.
    Reviewers have praised the iPad’s sleek design and ease of use but complained that it does not have a camera, or support Flash technology for videos.
    Mark Moskowitz, an analyst at JP Morgan, said that success depended on overcoming current limitations.

Re: Apple's 'iDon't work'

Looks like the wi-fi issue is not the only problem.

8 Things That Suck About the iPad - apple ipad - Gizmodo

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X