• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BBA statement to OFT - Banks agree to make improvements to personal current account m

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBA statement to OFT - Banks agree to make improvements to personal current account m

Banks are committed to improving the information they provide to customers, helping them understand how their current accounts work and what services cost.

More...

Re: BBA statement to OFT - Banks agree to make improvements to personal current accou

The BBA said:

"Banks are committed to improving the information they provide to customers, helping them understand how their current accounts work and what services cost. Improvements continue to be made to the information customers receive and the industry will continue to work with customers and the OFT.
    "The industry tries to make moving from one bank to another easier for customers by arranging for regular payments to come from the new account and banks compensate customers if the switching process goes wrong where the bank is at fault. However, consumer research suggests the reason people stay with their bank is not because they find moving bank difficult but that they are happy with the service they are getting.
    "The issue of bank charges for unarranged overdrafts is still before the courts and banks are doing all they can to bring that process to a speedy conclusion."

Sorry, but that last paragraph just sounds a little bit tooooooo sarcastic to me !

Comment

Re: BBA statement to OFT - Banks agree to make improvements to personal current accou

However, consumer research suggests the reason people stay with their bank is not because they find moving bank difficult but that they are happy with the service they are getting.
      It was this sentence that amused me. Of course people are happy being charged extortionate fees and receiving a crap service.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X