• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

An overdraft? That'll be £200 at Lloyds TSB (but only £15 if you're a Muslim)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An overdraft? That'll be £200 at Lloyds TSB (but only £15 if you're a Muslim)

Many Lloyds TSB customers are being hit with charges of up £200 a month if they go into the red - while Muslims who use the bank are only being charged £15.

More...

Re: An overdraft? That'll be £200 at Lloyds TSB (but only £15 if you're a Muslim)

I think I'll ask for a Muslim type account. And scream "discrimination" if they don't give me one.
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: An overdraft? That'll be £200 at Lloyds TSB (but only £15 if you're a Muslim)

Muslim accounts are available to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by natweststaffmember View Post
        Muslim accounts are available to everyone.
        Now where did I put that bloody turban :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          Now where did I put that bloody turban :tinysmile_twink_t2:
          Get the Burka out enaid
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          Lloyds TSB - Islamic Financial Services
          THe above is the info.
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          And charges: Lloyds TSB - Current account charges
          Last edited by natweststaffmember; 22nd August 2009, 07:47:AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Current account charges

Current account charges | Debit card and Cashpoint® charges | Other services | Overdraft charges | Youth and Service charges | Islamic accounts | Cash accounts

Islamic accounts

We ensure that all of our Islamic accounts comply with Shariah and we typically do not provide Planned Overdrafts to Islamic account holders. Where you do not have enough available funds to make a payment, we will not usually agree to provide an Unplanned Overdraft either and the returned item fee will apply.In some instances, where we do agree to cover that payment by giving you an Unplanned Overdraft you will incur a management fee for us providing and managing this (but you will not be charged interest). This monthly management fee will be £15 and will apply if you have or make use of an Unplanned Overdraft at any time during a monthly billing period.

See they CAN do it, why cant all accounts be like that
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

How does reclaiming affect Muslims with reference to Shariah law?

Does anyone know if you did claim that whether it would be classed as a windfall?

Comment

Dunno but look

Islamic Bank of Britain is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

UNPAID FEE if you go overdrawn we will return unpaid your cheques standing orders and direct debits (maximum per account per day)£30

LETTERS SENT ADVISING YOU OF ANY MISMANAGEMENT
                by you of your account - per communication £15
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Is the Islamic Bank Of Britain one of the 28 firms part of the FSA Waiver on Bank Charges?

Comment

Not as I can see - http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/waivers/details_disp.pdf
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Current account charges

Current account charges | Debit card and Cashpoint® charges | Other services | Overdraft charges | Youth and Service charges | Islamic accounts | Cash accounts

Islamic accounts

We ensure that all of our Islamic accounts comply with Shariah and we typically do not provide Planned Overdrafts to Islamic account holders. Where you do not have enough available funds to make a payment, we will not usually agree to provide an Unplanned Overdraft either and the returned item fee will apply.In some instances, where we do agree to cover that payment by giving you an Unplanned Overdraft you will incur a management fee for us providing and managing this (but you will not be charged interest). This monthly management fee will be £15 and will apply if you have or make use of an Unplanned Overdraft at any time during a monthly billing period.

See they CAN do it, why cant all accounts be like that

Well why don't we ask them and when they flirt back 'we don't pay interest' let us do a survey on how many people would forego the interest on a current account to have those charges instesd of the ones we have.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X