• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Blue movies on expenses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue movies on expenses

I wonder if Jackboot can see the irony of her words on the subject of naming and shaming users of prostitutes:-

"What I disapprove of is women being exploited in this country......."

Comment

They also claimed for several children's movies.

The 'apology' he made consisted soley of saying sorry to his wife and he showed no remorse to the taxpayers he attempted to fleece which is real issue.
      ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
      Last edited by EXC; 30th March 2009, 12:19:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

When submitting expenses claims is it reasonable to presume that this simply fell into the pile and was processed without anyone looking at it?

When i complete my expenses i know what should and shouldnt go in there and if i process something i shouldnt that is not an accident its fraud.

The sum of money may be relativley small for the movies, but given the 'fiddle' she is making on her main home, it has a context indicating a prediliciton for fraud imho.

The 'fraud' is probably endemic in the house of commons the system seems from what i have heard and read to allow for claims of all sorts which are indicative of the 'old civil service' mentatilty of allowances to top up salaries.

The time for a change is long overdue and to one where the potential to abuse the system is reduced as much as possible.
        JMHO

Glenn

Comment

'The total claimed by 646 MPs in 2007-08 was just under £93 million', I cant imagine what they are spending all our money on.

My Husband claim expenses for his Union work he got £5.72p last month I think he's going wrong somewhere!

x
          Luminol x

Comment

an average of £143000 each !
            "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

"Always reach for the moon, if you miss you'll end up among the stars"

Comment

Apparently one of Jacqui Smith's friends said that her husband, Dirty Dick, will probably be sleeping on the sofa for some time. How fortunate then that one of the items claimed on her expenses was a sofabed costing the taxpayer a ****-taking £704.

Comment

The term "expenses" is a misnomer of epic proportions.

If a sum has not been necessarily incurred, how is it an expense? The most charitable thing that could be said about this money is that has been gifted to MP's, the truth is very different - they have stolen it.

Even expenses that have been necessarily incurred are not always allowable under HMRC rules. The law is inflexible on this. Brown v Bullock [1961] and Fitzpatrick v IRC [1994] are just two examples that make this very clear and the courts stick to very rigid rules - well at least for ordinary voters they do.

To have those who make the rules flout them so openly is an insult to all of us who are funding this largesse.

Comment

"sleeping on the sofa" when you think who we are talking about I'd see that as a reward whereas NOT sleeping on the sofa a punishment

Comment

Yep she does make the back end of a bus quite an attractive option.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X