• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

'City boss told me I would get saggy breasts': Woman banker tells of sexual insults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'City boss told me I would get saggy breasts': Woman banker tells of sexual insults

A City boss mocked a woman banker, saying she would get 'saggy t**s' after she returned to work from surgery, a tribunal heard today.

More...

Re: 'City boss told me I would get saggy breasts': Woman banker tells of sexual insul

No replies to this???

Come ON people... this woman needs all the support she can get!!!

:yell::laugh::attention:
    My Blog
    http://cabotfanclub.wordpress.com

Comment

Re: 'City boss told me I would get saggy breasts': Woman banker tells of sexual insul

I have an answer, a few in fact, but the main one being

Who bloody well cares anyway?

Compensation culture gone mad. Although I have to confess I didn't read the full article, as for some reason it won't open up on my pc.

And if she's going to get saggy tits, then you're right, she does need support, but only for her boobs, not necessarily for her case lol.

I apologise if I have got the wrong end of the stick becuase I haven't read the article......
      Is no longer here

Comment

I have read the article and it seems that she stands to win a very large sum of money. The £80,000-a-year banker could be awarded £5m if the London tribunal finds she was a victim of sexual discrimination at the hands of Mr Lees, her boss.

I do find it odd however, that she alleges that she is due over sixty times her annual salary because her boss made lewd comments about her breasts in front of the CEO of the New York office at a sales conference in Monaco in 2007, and again in front of a male colleague in a pub in June that year.

So, twice then.

In addition, she does not appear to much mind the comments being repeated in the national press, plus others she is also alleging were said.

As much as I abhor any form of bullying, in particular by managers and directors I think this woman needs to develop thicker skin.

Comment

Originally posted by LuggerBugs View Post
          No replies to this???

Come ON people... this woman needs all the support she can get!!!

:yell::laugh::attention:
          LMAO
          ------------------------------- merged -------------------------------
          City boss 'branded women brokers "a team of prostitutes" and promised rewards in exchange for great sex'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...great-sex.html

Seems he's not having a good day
          Last edited by TANZARELLI; 3rd March 2009, 23:37:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post

because her boss made lewd comments about her breasts in front of the CEO of the New York office at a sales conference in Monaco in 2007, and again in front of a male colleague in a pub in June that year.

So, twice then.
            boss in front of CEO, couldn't she have taken him to one side and pointed out that if he ever did that again she would deck him??
            in the pub, she should have just decked him anyway.

Not exactly very ladylike, but as you say, these claims are now being repeated in the national press. Amazing how things can be put up with when there is a large sum of money at stake, isn't it?

I do not agree with bullying either, but she has definitley now stood up to the bulies, although I think if she developed a thicker skin it wouldn't have come to this. the thought and speech police are everywhere these days. Would it have been the same had he commented that her boobs would look amazng after the op??
            Is no longer here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X