• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Clause of Jurisdiction.......not

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clause of Jurisdiction.......not

As it drives a coach and horses through such clauses this ruling has serious implication for ALL contracts that include clauses of jurisdiction, something which our courts have always tended to honour.

No doubt it'll take a little time for this info to circulate amongst the legal proffession but when it does

English court can't stop Italian lawsuit despite arbitration agreement, ECJ says | OUT-LAW.COM

Re: Clause of Jurisdiction.......not

All the defendant has to do is to convince the Italian court that the agreement is valid and that the case must be heard in London. The only difference from before is, that now the Italian court must make that ruling, NOT the British court. So yes, it will make it more difficult however I don't think it will materially effect outcomes except in the form of delays.

Tom
    I will not provide support by Private Message under any circumstances. This is for your protection and mine. Any advice I give is my own opinion and carries no legal weight. Check it before you use it!
    Over £1200 claimed in several actions against several organisations.

Comment

Re: Clause of Jurisdiction.......not

Tom having practice in shipping & aviation where such clauses are common place I disagree.

Incidentally in the past in order to circumvent such clauses, particularly if Greek, I would instruct lawyers in either America or Russia to arrest vessels if berthing there because neither of these countries recognised such clauses

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X