• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County Courts ''in chaos''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• County Courts ''in chaos''

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6353597.stm

Re: County Courts ''in chaos''

What about all the court fees they have had on the bank charges and have not even heard the cases! it is a sham IMHO.

Comment

An interesting point.

Also I wonder if one could claim interest on the court fees?

Comment

Very recently I was talking to a High Court Official & I understand that it's much worse than even the Judge has implied.

If the banks claims had NOT been suspended I'm told there would have been a complete meltdown in the system. Makes you wonder why the OFT suddenly became involved long AFTER consumers had demanded it should

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          An interesting point.

Also I wonder if one could claim interest on the court fees?
          Another interesting point......

Comment

If 65k stayed cases are in the system at say at least £40 court fees a pop (is it £40 ?), they're sitting on £2.6m.

Also if there are 218 County Courts that averages nearly 300 stayed bank charges cases per court.

Comment

Not sure if I am missing something, but the link is to a web page dated 13th February 2007 (Not 2009!).

So the question is, if they were in chaos BEFORE the deluge of Bank Charge cases (and we now know that there is in excess of 65K cases stayed) what sort of state are they in now?

I also take 'on board' the fact that someone is sitting on a vast sum of Court Fees; submission, AG's etc.

H

Comment

Originally posted by Helford View Post
                Not sure if I am missing something, but the link is to a web page dated 13th February 2007 (Not 2009!). Well done for spotting that!

So the question is, if they were in chaos BEFORE the deluge of Bank Charge cases (and we now know that there is in excess of 65K cases stayed) what sort of state are they in now? Very good point.

I also take 'on board' the fact that someone is sitting on a vast sum of Court Fees; submission, AG's etc.

H
                We have in our household now 3 cases where we have paid court fees and they have been stayed, one of the court fees were £120 + the AQ fee. I would say Exc's estimate is grossly under estimated and I would at least double the £2.6m.

Two of the cases were almost at the court hearing when the stay came into play, so the courts have held on to this money now for 2 years.

Comment

Well I did say ages ago about them sitting on this money, once again 'our money'.
                  As they were supplying the service so to speak, you could not ask for it back.
                  I just hope everyone has kept proof as to what and when they paid, cause I bet an awful lot of this stuff has been 'misfiled'. or 'lost in the system'.
                  MCOL did meltdown, I think that was in July 2007 and we hadn't even got going then lol

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X