• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

AG Upsets CAG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambulance chasers!
    Why pay somebody to make your claim when it can be done so easily and free. It baffles me that people choose to use these ambulance chasers.

Best wishes,
    Hod...Liam..
    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

Can someone paste the text of the article in please I cant get the link to work
      When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/bury...nk_charges.php

Comment

still not working Mocha me thinks!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Its just really slow opening

A BURY businessman is helping angry customers bite back against the banks over unfair charges.
            After Matthew Jackson successfully waged a battle against his bank to recover £7,000, he has now launched his own Action Group company to assist others facing the same experience.
            Matthew (35) emerged victorious after taking legal action against his own bank in Bury. During a meeting with staff, he discovered that unbeknown to him, charges had been accrued from his business and personal accounts. "It was only when I asked to see these charges that the tip of the iceberg was uncovered," he said.
            Harnessing his legal background, he demanded the bank supply bank statements going back six years. Subsequently, he sought to be reimbursed for all the "charges" he had paid.
            Matthew said: "The bank, of course, appointed their legal team to stop this. Eventually, after spending many more pounds funding my case and hours filing my litigation papers, I was victorious and managed to recoup nearly £7,000 of charges.
            "This was not only a financial victory but a moral one for the man in the street'. I realised many other locals may find themselves in the same position, so I decided to set up a business doing exactly that for others. The reaction from people in Bury and Manchester has been extremely positive and I now have a large caseload."
            Matthew, who spent 30 years in Bury before relocating to Turton, went on: "The Action Group is a company set up by myself to recover bank charges for others. At every client meeting I explain that if they had the tools, knowledge and time then the process of recovering bank charges can be carried out themselves.
            "But the feedback is that, simply, people do not have the time and that they are frightened to take on huge financial institutions. The Action Group asks the banks to pay back clients' charges. If they don't, then we will do all the litigation to make this happen.
            "We work on a results-only basis and, if we are not able to recover any payment, then we do not charge anything."
            Matthew can be contacted via e-mail at TheActionGroup@orange.net
            2:57pm Thursday 12th July 2007
            [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jan/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]Print [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jan/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]Email this [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Jan/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image003.gif[/IMG]Comment
            Posted by: r brearley, brighton on 3:09pm today
            Why give the work to this ambulance chaser? Charges can easily be reclaimed in person and there is no neeed to pay someone else to do it for you. Why not go to the Consumer Action Group website to see what you can do for yourself. Wonder why the names are so similar?
            Why give the work to this ambulance chaser? Charges can easily be reclaimed in person and there is no neeed to pay someone else to do it for you. Why not go to the Consumer Action Group website to see what you can do for yourself. Wonder why the names are so similar?
            Posted by: Derek, Kent on 3:54pm today
            Quite! Indeed, with the [bold]Consumer Action Group[/bold] and [bold]Bank Action Group[/bold] being FREE and registered trademarks, is this not breaking the law? If he is not registered with the Ministry of Justice he is breaking the law in any case. I think the name has been chosen to deliberatly create confusion.
            Quite! Indeed, with the Consumer Action Group and Bank Action Group being FREE and registered trademarks, is this not breaking the law? If he is not registered with the Ministry of Justice he is breaking the law in any case.
            I think the name has been chosen to deliberatly create confusion.

Comment

I think the problem of why the toys were thrown out of the cot was the name "the action group". That is quite a poor excuse.
              will they be leaving messages on these sites
              The Action Group services for people with support needs and Learning Disabilities
              http://www.consumeractionnetwork.org.uk/default.aspx
              community action groups oxfordshire - maps of recycling projects in oxfordshire and oxford city

Let us have some perspective. All links are sites not commercial. The top one is a volutary organisation dealing with disabled kids. PERSPECTIVE NEEDED

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X