• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ex-Kitten Katona is made bankrupt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Kitten Katona is made bankrupt

It Can affect anyone, even celebs

BBC NEWS | England | Ex-Kitten Katona is made bankrupt

Former Atomic Kitten pop star Kerry Katona has been declared bankrupt at the High Court.

The action against Miss Katona, 27, of Wilmslow, Cheshire, followed her failure to pay the final £82,000 of a £417,000 tax bill.
    Mr Registrar Nicholls agreed to the bankruptcy order after giving her legal team an extra hour to come up with the final balance on Thursday.

The petition was issued against the magazine columnist in January.
    HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) insisted on pressing ahead with the bankruptcy petition despite Miss Katona's efforts to reduce the bill.
    She was not in court to hear her representative, Luke Harris, ask the registrar to put the matter back again.

Mr Harris said funds were available but cheques had not been cleared in time, but said as soon as the money was ready it would be brought to court and handed over.

But when called back just before 1300 BST, Mr Harris said he was "not in a position to assist further".

The case had already been before the court four times, and two weeks ago Mr Registrar Nicholls set Thursday as a deadline for Miss Katona to find the money.
    Miss Katona, originally from Warrington, first rose to fame as a member of the girl group Atomic Kitten in the late 1990s.

She left the band in 2001 and went on to win reality TV programme I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here in 2004.

The mother-of-four is married to taxi driver Mark Croft and has two children with former Westlife singer Bryan McFadden.

Re: Ex-Kitten Katona is made bankrupt

Should have put something in the kitty for a rainy day

Comment

Perhaps if she hadn't spent a small fortune on among other things, his 'n' hers matching Porche Carreras, a Ferrari 430 Spider, a BMW M5, a row of terrace houses not to mention a £1.5 million pound house in Cheshire and actually attempted to pay off her tax bill she wouldn't have been declared bankrupt.

She has a huge income, she has various MTV projects, she won a small fortune on I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, she has sold virtually every aspect of her life to the media including the birth of her son and yet she chose to evade her debts until the last possible moment and it came back to bite her quite spectacularly on the posterior.

She was given extra time and the Judge was more than lenient with her, but in the end he must have thought enough is enough.

I cannot see an 'ordinary' person behaving in this manner and I hope she has learnt her lesson.

Comment

Hear! Hear! Amy too true hun!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X