• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Beneficiary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beneficiary

It will be 3yars in May since my mother passed
    I have 2 sisters of whom 1 was made the executor
    My sister employed a solicitor to help her with this matter
    Basically mum had a house which was sold last March and a couple of bank accounts,so not much to sort really
    we had a percentage of the estate paid to us in September last year because the solicitor said that the estate was owed money by another person which the solicitor was investigating. Myself and my other sister havent been given any more information on who owes the estate or how much it is despite several inquiries to the solicitor.
    I have also not received an account of the estate despite asking again on several occasions

My question is when should i expect to receive the final percentage? Should the solicitor be giving us more information.
    Tags: None

The solicitor was employed by your sister who is the executor.
    You should put any questions about the will and progress regarding estate debts and estate accounts to your executor sister.
    The solicitor may have a fee agreement in place that excludes answering individual beneficiary queries
    The progress on the estate seems exceptionally slow for a relatively straight forward estate
    Last edited by Pezza54; 26th February 2024, 14:00:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X