• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Codicil Found after 4 years of death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codicil Found after 4 years of death

I have only just found out my aunt left me her second when she died 4 years ago. My aunt added a Codicil to her Will but it was never attached and we have found it amongst her paperwork. The property has been rented out for years as income for my aunt and uncle as they have no real pension. I don’t want to sell the property and am happy for my uncle to have the funds from the rental but have no idea what I need to do. The property was in joint names of my aunt and uncle. It’s only when we found the title deeds and applied to have my aunts name removed and my uncles left on all this cane to light. The Codicil was tucked into the Deeds envelope. Now if I leave it as it is I will pay inheritance tax on property when my uncle dies but if I had found I was to have property when my aunt died there would have been no inheritance tax to pay as their home and the second home would now take over the threshold . Can anyone suggest what I do please. It’s such a muddle. More importantly we don’t want properties sold should in later years my uncle have to go into a home.
    Tags: None

You really should seek professional advice.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Please can someone advise me what to do. How do I stand ?

Comment

You really ought to follow atticus 's advice and seek professional help.

The original grant of probate might need to be revoked, and other matters unwound or settlements negotiated.
        Not matters suitable for an internet forum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X