• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lawyers threatening my disabled wife to make us sign over benefits in a Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyers threatening my disabled wife to make us sign over benefits in a Will

We cared for my Father for a long time and he left a Legacy Trust for the children. My wife became ill and has brain injury and is cognitively very disabled. We applied for support under the Trust.
    However the Executor excluded us from Probate Accounting and created a fabricated loan against me. He wrote to us and said my wife could get no financial help unless I agreed to such a loan...This loan was huge..they won't show me any details and by agreeing to it it would cancel my beneficial interest and my wifes. What he wants to do is change our costs for care into a loan'to repay all monies received from my Dad in his lifetime.There was no such agreement Surely this is blackmail and coercion. WE have no money so are doing a Legal Ombudsman complaint...any other suggestions to shame and embarrass the Law Firm that put this togther...surely it can't be good parctice or even legal.
    Tags: None

Hi Tomw

There's a Code of Conduct for solicitors, so the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Scroll down you'll find the Code of Conduct.
    1. Maintaining Trust and Acting Fairly - https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/st...ct-solicitors/
    You can lodge a complaint against the firm if you believe the firm has not acted as they should have. I'm sure others
    will provide some more advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X