• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Waiting for will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for will

Hi,

I'm hoping somebody can help me. My grandad passed away last September 2019 and all probate has been accepted and granted now. My two cousins are acting as executors of the will and have both contacted me saying probate has been granted and to email my ID and bank details to the solicitors dealing with it so payments can be granted. I have done this and my brother has also done it and my uncle who are all beneficiarys. The issue is my aunty who is named on the will hasn't as she is very hard to contact. My question is. Will the solicitors still pay out myself my brother and my uncle? Or do they have to wait for my aunty to send details over too?

I would have thought with them asking for bank details such as sort code and account number that it was ready to be paid straight to us.

Does this take time or are they waiting for all beneficiarys to reply?

Thank you to anyone who can advise me
    Tags: None

Legacies can be distributed, even if one hasn't supplied necessary information.

However it is unusual for them to be distributed until 6 months after the grant of probate.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X