• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to find out about will?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find out about will?

Hi,
    I am unfortunately unable to contact my parents. How can i find out where they are, to see if they are OK? I think my siblings and their large familys are cutting me out of their will. My father phoned me two months ago and said i was due money in the will. I havent heard from either my mother or father since. I no longer live in my home town but my siblings and their huge familys do.
    They are all over our parents, or were. I cant do anything. I cant afford to travel back on any kind of regular basis.
    How may i find out if my parents are still alive? Sorry it sounds so terrible, but my father did say he wanted me to receive some of the money. They dont answer my emails or phone calls for the last two months.
    I am certain that my siblings will do anything to get the will changed to cut me out of it, or maybe they have already done this. How can i go through the courts to do something about this? Is their a solicitor service i can pay to help me to get what i was left in the will? Or to find out what the will actually said?
    Last edited by faringdon; 4th August 2024, 00:48:AM.
    Tags: None

Type up an envelope and mark private and confidential to each parent and put personal letters in and post separately apart to your parents.

Then take a day off from whatever you are doing, pay the fare, do a long day trip and go and "see" your parents... before paying a solicitor. If no access, post another letter through the door. The neighbours will reveal if anything has happened. You could also leave your number with a neighbour if they are willing to update you. Some neighbours may, some neighbours may not..

Drop another 2 letter round to your parents GP surgery and have the receptionist place it on file. They will...

You can also feom your armchair check local hospitals, from time to time, to see if they've been admitted... just a suggestion.

If you think they have passed on, then order in the death certificates... Then check if Probate has been issued... a bit early though with it being just 2 months ago since your parents last contact to you.

A solicitor may help..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X