• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Probate to resealed payment over paid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate to resealed payment over paid

Hi !
    I’m here in Canada which I am a caregiver and inherited a property in Macclesfield England hired a lawyer to resealed the probate she started 2022of February and just recently got the grant . I paid £ 11,917.50 I felt it’s a ripoff for just granting the probate not even transferred to my name .
    To our professional charges in relation to the reseal of the Canadian Grant of Probate
    Our fees
    08/11/2022 inv 10680 28/06/2023 inv 11996 11/04/2023 inv 14101
    Disbursements
    08/11/2022 HM Land Registry Fee 28/06/2023 HM Land Registry Fee 11/04/2023 HMCTS Probate Fee
    Subtotal VAT Total
    Payments received
    04/05/2022 Payment on Account 06/05/2022 Payment on Account 23/06/2023 Payment on Account 11/04/2024 Payment on Account
    £9,978.00
    £1,939.50
    £11,917.50
    all payment I’ve made £2,990.00 £4,000.00 £3,000.00 £1,927.50
    total £11,917.50

The amounts you have paid during the course of this matter (and which relate to the reseal of the Canadian grant of probate only) are:

4 May 2022 £2990
    6 May 2022 £4000
    23 June 2023 £3000
    11 April 2024 £1927.50
    Total £11,917.50

This is in line with the revised costs estimate provided by my email of 4 November 2022 and which you accepted on 7 November 2022. No more funds are required as the work is now complete. Instructions were accepted on the basis of a reseal of the Canadian grant of probate only and did not include any other matter – my emails of 4 November 2022, 14 April 2023 and latterly of 20 February 2024 confirm this. I deal mainly with estate administration and do not have the capacity to deal with the transfer of the title of the property; this is something you need to seek advice and assistance on from another solicitor and I await his/her details.

I need advise if I can complaint at ombudsman for ripping off resealing the granted probate without transferring in my name and over payment just to resealed probate got drag the time frame
    April 2022 to April 2024.
    thank you please advice.

Best regards,

Prolifes
    Tags: None

Yes, you can.

But I observe that they say that the charges are in line with an estimate that you had agreed. Is that correct?
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Yes I did as I assumed it will be transferred to my name . All she did is just probate to resealed .

Comment

Did the work covered by the estimate include the transfer into your name?
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X