• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N2 probate form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N2 probate form

I am completing this form. I am the claimant but I don't know who to put as the defendant.

I have no recourse to funds and I can't find any help.
    Tags: None

Details of your claim and why you are making it please.

Without that information, the best I can say is that your defendant may - that is may - be the executors named in the will.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Details of your claim and why you are making it please.

Without that information, the best I can say is that your defendant may - that is may - be the executors named in the will.
      Okay.
      I am applying to remove the Executors from my mother's Will, an 89 year old with dementia, they were both LPAs. One Executor is withholding my mother's death certificate, the original Will and details of her accounts when requested to provide them, he also misappropriated her assets. He abducted her to Thailand where she died.
      The second Executor, was aware of the conduct and on advice resigned his LPA based on what he describes as fraudulent activity, but he did not inform the authorities of this conduct at the time thereby enabling this elderly abuse.

So, in answer to by OP, would this be the Executors, clearly its not my mother.....

Comment

Beneficiaries need to make an application to the Court under the Senior Courts Act Section 116 to remove an errant executor.

Please read the article at http://www.redkitesolicitors.co.uk/a...u-need-to-know

Comment

A claim to remove executors will name those executors as defendants.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

When making a claim, Civil Procedure Rules must be followed
            You should read Practice Direction 57 Probate and in particular section III Substitution and Removal of Personal Representatives
            After reading the process you will probably realise why most claimants employ a lawyer experienced in contentious probate
            You should consider contacting a lawyer and ask about legal aid, a no win no fee agreement, after the event insurance

Comment

I am looking into the posts that are gratefully received.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X