• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Found other will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found other will

Hi
    I am trying to get through to do dads probate with my brother.
    There are matching wills with both parents but I have found that my brother has found a later will that he is not telling anyone about.
    What can I do ?
    Tags: None

He's told you about it though? Have you asked him outright to see it? After all otherwise presumably you going to go ahead and apply for Probate with the Will you have?

Are you both named as Executors on the Will you have?
    All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

Hi and thank you.
      no he hasn’t told me about it. It was in his room in a pile of papers.
      We are both executors on the will.
      He has been very brief as I have asked in a general manner are there any other papers for my dad.
      Ws are dealing with a lot of paperwork.

Comment

When you found it did you check that the named Executors were still you and your brother?

And did the Will appear to be properly signed and valid? eg, it had been signed by your father and by two witnesses?

You need to find a diplomatic way of getting him to find it too as you'll need the latest Will to apply for Probate.
        All opinions expressed are based on my personal experience. I am not a lawyer and do not hold any legal qualifications.

Comment

We are both still executors and there is a signed bill from the solicitor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonkh View Post
            What can I do ?
            Get your brother to 'find' the more recent Will and show it to you. Then the two of you can apply for Probate. What else is there to do? There aren't any other options. How you get your brother to do that I've no idea - he's your brother!

Comment

I will have to tackle him sensitively as he also had details of another bank account which he hadn’t put in the pile of papers to go through. It isn’t join names I feel .

Comment

I wanted to update in case anyone ends up in a similar situation.
                Brother announced the Law Society had told him about the second will.
                From discussing this with a few people this is highly unlikely. The second will is a simple ie no trust will . I had paid for the will tracing service and they have not found will 2.
                I guess all ends better as no confrontation needed.
                thank you PallasAthena .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X