• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Fraud or Contentious Probate Solicitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Fraud or Contentious Probate Solicitor?

As per my previous posts I have been struggling as a beneficiary to a large estate to deal with a very under handed administrator, (my mother)

I have employed the services of a local solicitor but long story short we are getting no wear, with the administrator more or less refusing to provide any information or deal with our requests what so ever!

I now have a little more in site to why the administrator has been going to such lengths to try and keep me in the dark!

I have now decided leading into the new year to put a stop to there carry on once and for all, as in 2024 we are entering the 6 year since the death of my father who died intestate.

I just need help to decide on weather I should now be employing the services of a civil fraud or probate solicitor as I have very limited funds?

I am hoping for answers to the below questions and your help with my decision so I employ the services of the right one..

It has been brought to my attention from a relative (sister of administrator) that the reason the administrator has going to such lengths to cut me out as a beneficiary is in the fact that I was cohabiting the estate?
    • What is classed as cohabiting and how do I determine if I do in fact cohabit the estate?
    • And if I am what would this mean in regards to my share of the estate?
    In one of a very few letters (3 in five years) received from the administrators solicitors I noted the following sentence..

"My client (the administrator) chose not to distribute the estate according to intestate law instead choosing to distribute the estate by way of Deed of Variation"
    • Can she legally do this?
    • By doing so she has made herself and one other beneficiary the main beneficiary's of the estate
    • By doing so she has reduced her share and one other beneficiary's's inheritance tax liability's to £0
    • This leaves the remaining two beneficiary's taking on the entire inheritance tax liability's for the 1.6 million pound estate
    My solicitors have asked from the start that the administrator does not distribute the estate until agreement or court order
    • Instead the administrator has signed the entire estate into there name and distributed the rest of the estate to the other main beneficiary
    Lastly despite a number of requests by my solicitor for a copy of the final Deed of Variation the administrator has refused to produce one?

Instead providing a draft copy of the Deed of Variation which is unsigned and has no addresses for the beneficiary's claiming it was the final copy and then some time later producing a second draft deed of variation claiming that was the final copy..?

However I have noted that details within the second draft deed of variation produced from the administrator are different from the first one produced? and land/property due to the other two beneficiary's are now in the name of the administrator and other main benificiary?

There is something that I have now noticed that is really bothering me?

I am yet to received a final copy of the Deed of Variation from the administrator or her solicitors?

However I have noticed the signature page of the Deed of Variation which contains the four signatures of the beneficiary's is on its own page with no contents of the Deed of Variation what so ever on the same page?

Its just a signature page..?

This means the administrator can change/alter the contents of the Deed of Variation without the consent or knowledge of any of the other beneficiary's (which they have already done) and just move the signature page to the end of the document or Deed?

This cannot be right?

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X