• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Title Deeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title Deeds

My Dad passed away 13 years ago and my mum has changed her will last year to leave me the house as I look after her and have significantly less money that my brother. However my brother has found this clause on the deeds and says that I can't have the house. I think my dad put this clause on the will to stop potential care home fees. The solicitor didn't mention this when mum changed her will and left me the house. Please could you explain what it means?

'No disposition by a sole proprietor of the registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court'.
    Tags: None

Who is/are registered as proprietor?

That wording suggests that there are 2 persons (or more) shown as registered proprietor, the other probably being your late father. In turn that suggests that the terms of your late father's will regarding the property have not been formally implemented.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by atticus View Post
      Who is/are registered as proprietor?

That wording suggests that there are 2 persons (or more) shown as registered proprietor, the other probably being your late father. In turn that suggests that the terms of your late father's will regarding the property have not been formally implemented.
      Hi it says on the Title Register the following

Registered Owners 'My Mums Name Only'

B: Proprietorship Register This register specifies the class of title and identifies the owner. It contains any entries that affect the right of disposal.
      Class of Title: Title absolute

Entry Number Entry Date

1 1986-07-31 PROPRIETOR: 'Mums Name Only' of 'Mums House Address'.

2 2006-03-13 RESTRICTION: No disposition by a sole proprietor of the registered estate (except a trust corporation) under which capital money arises is to be registered unless authorised by an order of the court.

Does that shed any further light on it? Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate it,

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X