• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Half share passed to grandchildren?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IHT form 435 Q7
    "What percentage of the residence passes to direct descendants....?"
    Answer for your form is 25%

Comment

Just to clarify (excuse me for being a bit thick), and of course these figures are guesses.

Half of my father's main residence = £350k.
      Other house he rents out = £300k
      Total = £650k (no gifts at all to worry about)
      IHT would start after £325k or £500k (as I'm direct descendant, even though inheriting only 25% of main residence).

So either £325k + 60% of remaining £325k to be shared out 50/50 between myself and my uncle.

OR £500k + 60% of remaining £150k to be shared out 50/50 between myself and my uncle.

All this minus solicitor's costs, of course.

Comment

IHT on your father's estate is £150k x 40% = £60K leaving £590K to be shared 50/50 = £295k each
        So your 2nd method produces the correct amount in a roundabout way

Comment

Thanks so much for your time, Pezza54

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X