• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Remove Executor - The Master - Release Funds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove Executor - The Master - Release Funds?

I realise those reading this post will probably correctly presume that the scenario I describe brings up many other issues and questions. Firstly I want to focus on the following specific questions:

Scenario
    2 Executors ( both are beneficiaries) + other beneficiaries.

After legal advice one executor has received funds from a bank and has invested it for the benefit of the estate in the highest paying quick access account. All beneficiaries informed.
    Another executor has control over other assets and is gaining benefit from those assets.

She has confirmed that she will not be making those benefits available to the estate.

The other executor and beneficiaries will be seeking her removal as executor (I know, not the most ideal option, lots of costs and unknown outcomes - but lets assume that is what is needed.)!

Assume the Master is satisfied that all the assets of the estate have been accurately collated and that the above is true, but needs some more information before (s)he can remove the errant executor, can the Master make the following decisions before a final decision to remove the errant executor?

1. Direct Executor 1 to disburse the assets he holds to a. All beneficiaries OR b. All beneficiaries other than the "errant" executor who is holding assets and refusing to release them.

2. Direct Executor 1 to apply for Probate, which he will approve without the need for the errant executor to sign and agree.

I am assuming it is probably that neither of the above can occur until, and if, the errant executor is removed.

Thanks NeedHelp2

PS Will be happy to receive any further general advise about this matter.

Tags: None

This suggests that you are involved in litigation. Please explain, including your position in all this.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X